Any Frag Epoxy/Glue that Works Underwater?

sanjosereefer

More specifically, is there any frag epoxy that can be applied while the rock is underwater? Meaning, I can put the epoxy on the frag outside of the tank,and then attach it to the target rock inside the tank without removing the rock. I have some spots on my rockwork that would be perfect to place a coral, but it's not practical to get the rock out. I've tried the "toothpick" method and it's okay, but I rather use an epoxy if one's available.

any of that 2 part epoxy that comes in the tube that you squish together works ok. doesnt work too great on flat rocks

i cant remember what mine is called off hand and im in bed on my laptop and dont want to get out lol. but any local fish store will carry it for like 10 bucks or so

Another option is to go to your local Home Depot and buy some AquaMend. It comes in 2 oz portions for like 2.97. It works just as well as the other stuff you can buy from a fish store or online. The only down side it that it is white (though it should get covered in corraline quickly and become unnoticable).

Make sure you turn off your skimmer for a while regardless of what two part you use. It tends to make them go a little berserk.

Back