Bounce

Nothing wrong with liking the blue lights but it doesn't show what any coral actually looks like. Might be nice if sellers posted a pic under normal lighting conditions and one under actinics. Tweaked's picture looks reasonable, the other ADC one is not.

99 percent of our lights are blue... maybe not pure led blue but they are not white.

No sir, they are expensive because someone has lied to you that they are rare, uncommon and believe me, they bud just as quick as any other mushrooms I've owned. Many simply know more about names, prices etc, then they do about growing this very common Rhodactis mushroom. It's funny how you only see them is saturated blue ( actinics) only and in tiny or single polyps. I've owned numerous variants in the past 13 years, some the same colors you see today. They proliferated so rapidly that I had to split most of my colonies in half and remove half of them, and trust me, they were huge polyps. Anyone who really knows these Corallimorphs can tell you how to make them bubble up. These claims you hear are nothing more than another attempt to hype something that someone someday wants to sell to you to pay their mortgage off.

MUCHO REEF

Do you have a WWC Bounce? Just curious.

99 percent of our lights are blue... maybe not pure led blue but they are not white.

I understand everyone has blue lights on their tank but the picture posted above is nothing close to what that mushroom looks like and under any kind of normal lighting. I can make a $10 acan look highlighter orange under my blue LEDs but when it's blended with the whites it makes the coral look the way it actually looks. I guess some people are fine with paying for a coral that doesn't look anything like the pictures posted in ads though.

I understand everyone has blue lights on their tank but the picture posted above is nothing close to what that mushroom looks like and under any kind of normal lighting. I can make a $10 acan look highlighter orange under my blue LEDs but when it's blended with the whites it makes the coral look the way it actually looks. I guess some people are fine with paying for a coral that doesn't look anything like the pictures posted in ads though.

I agree somewhat but I do think most like to look at their tanks with a lot of blue. There used to be a vendor that would post all their pics with one under "normal" lighting and one under just blue leds. I also remember a vendor that would get crucified because he was posting pics under T5's and everyone complained that he ran too many blue tubes and it wasn't normal. Now most of the T5 setups I see run exactly what he was running. Reefing has exploded in the last 5 years and I think a lot of it has to do with led lighting.

I guess in the perfect world a vendor would post a pic in 10k, led and a non macro shot. I've seen some vendors that pics are so macro I can't tell what the coral is.

I posted on a Julian Sprung thread to see if he knows anything about the bounce and if there is evidence that it is just lighting causing the bubbles. Hoping he answers my post and has some insight.

I said it before lol, what if they are injecting with another corals proteins and this is the reaction. I recently saw 6 corals all come in dyed that same green yellow we've all seen in the past. This happens across the pond and sometimes wonder what tricks they will try next.

PS, The dye was on two leathers, 2 tongue corals, and two goniporas. Sad, because once the dye bleeds out all that is left is a solid white zoox free animal starving for food...

Some zoanthids and bounce are indeed overpriced
Maybe bounce are expensive becouse they spread so slow???
I have many rhodactis that split like crazy.
This "bounce" took 16 months to split
I saw these toxic bounce selled for 600$ Out there with you guys???? Thats crazy and overpriced !!!
Myself i wont pay-sell more than between 100-200$ for a bounce like this and even better,trade for something else "special"
But trading would be difficult since i live ik belgium :)
image.jpg

So without going to a bunch of local swaps or having a bunch of coral friends (neither of which really interest me at all), where is the best place to get a bounce for a good price? And what is considered a good price at this point in time?

You don't like coral swaps or coral friends? Hmmm ok :sad2:

What are you looking for, the unique kind like the WWC bounce, or just a random bubbled rhodactis? The can go from $100 - $300 for the more common ones.

Im curious as to whats the special lighting needed to make them bubble? If its ao easy why isnt this been said already? You said the shallows is where its more common so are we talking very little blue and intense white lighting?

Rhodactis yes, and I have read that they seem to be found in the shallow pools. Still need more info, but a buddy of mine had one for a year that just started to bubble big time. 14" shallow tank six T5s, but again, no idea if light was the cause, but out of nowhere, large bubbles emerged months later.

Ya seems like what reef builders said about them that 6 months and they can start bubbling. Im curious to find a couple and put them under the intense blue lights with a little white and see what happens

Ya seems like what ************ said about them that 6 months and they can start bubbling. Im curious to find a couple and put them under the intense blue lights with a little white and see what happens

Basically what my buddy runs on his shallow reef. I am a believer it can happen over time to an otherwise "normal" rhodactis cause I saw it with my own eyes.

Back