Can I use this as a stand??? The price is right.

WHy you dont simply welding some additional parts triangles on top and bottom bigger and one x cross by sides if not rear x cross and front add 1 in middle to have space for sump doors in front.
I will weld also new additional tube metal on 4 legs. Than torsion left right front rear will be ok.
Bear in mind small eartquake we had in Italy 2005 moved my aquarium from wall 20 cm ahead in room...
Happy that didnt have U-c hard pipes but between wall and other storage hole flexible with 1 m extra lenght.
I was not at home but spot aquarium in middle of room hahaha

Dont play with this buy proper or add welding few supports and sleep well as this support will be decades there.

What is the perimeter dimension of the tank, total volume, dimension of top frame tubing, thickness and span.
240 gallons 3/4 star fire glass very heavy! Filled volume approx 225 gallons.
Tank dimensions 47’’and 7/8th x 48’’
support board is 49’’x49’’ one inch thick.
Top tubing dimensions is 47’’ and 3/4 x48’’ and 1/4

Metal thickness is 3/16ths slightly larger then 1/8th and slightly smaller then 1/4

Tubing is only on 2 sides see below photos
Then 3/16ths metal span connecting to far side tubing
1714917874036.jpeg

Photo of directly underneath
1714917975453.jpeg

Below photo (floor looking up view) shows tubed side and not tubbed side connecting to corner tubbed side has additional support underneath tank with metal lip
1714918069434.jpeg

I want to add a wood perimeter for support on the sides and front. Not sure the best way to go about doing that though. The day I test filled it NY had a 4.8 magnitude earthquake and I was wishing it was more sturdy for sure!

Last edited:
For looks I would use magnets, but for support the wood should be secured to the frame by screws or bolted with a carriage bolt.

Back