Co2 In Fort Myers

firedogg2

Hey guys, I'm going to be setting up a new 65 gal tank for my girlfriend and I over the next few weeks. I am thinking about using a Ca Reactor for it. Where do you guys get your Co2 tanks and regulators from in Fort Myers and do you get it filled at the same place as well. Also I have never used a Ca Reactor before. I'm trying to get a better idea of runing one. How much is the tank a regulator and how much and how offten to you get it refilled? Thank you for your help..

Casey Moore

AirGas on Metro Parkway. they are on the east side between Crystal and Danley.

I've heard there was another guy by the airport.....but, I don't know, never been there.

I've used Valley National Gas several times ... they used to be called something different .. and have since become a bit expensive. You might want to price shop & call around town.

Right by the old Buy Fish Now @ Daniels & Tree Line BLVD.
http://maps.google.com/maps?client=...atlng=26535156,-81793086,9759775655711667785#

It'll probably run you about $120 or so for the initial bottle ... a 5 lbs bottle usually lasts most small tank owners over 6 months ... I ran my 20 lbs for about a year, and it was turned way up, and the fitting was leaking.

Refills are fairly cheap .. i think i paid $30 for a 20 lbs refill ... the bottle & regulator is what costs $$.

regulator:
http://www.aquariumspecialty.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=37_163&products_id=460

The milwaukee is decent .. there are way better ones out there, but some they get quiet expensive.

Good Luck!

Thank you for your help. I think I'm going to hold off for now. Wasn't excepting it to be that much. So in do time.

$120 is for the Co2 Tank & regulator ONLY! 5lbs tank is all you'd need, and plenty small. not a bad price. thats what you'll end up paying for a bottle alone locally.

I realize how old this thread is but I would like to see where people are currently getting their bottles refilled (keyword being refilled, not swapped). I just spoke with airgas and they only swap. Valley doesn't seem the be in fort myers anymore? Fwiw I just purchased a brand new empty co2 10# and don't feel like swapping it for a used one ;) .

Back