Down?

Hey folks, it is a DNS issue...the server is actually up but nobody can resolve its IP address.

I'm working with the hosting provider to correct the problem (and figure out why this happened).

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=13066614#post13066614 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by joefitz
Hey folks, it is a DNS issue...the server is actually up but nobody can resolve its IP address.

I'm working with the hosting provider to correct the problem (and figure out why this happened).

We have faith in you Joe.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=13066614#post13066614 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by joefitz

We have faith in you Joe.

Ok, so a quick update...apparently our hosting provider had to do an emergency upgrade of their primary DNS server...basically swapping the box out. They also upgraded the DNS software to protect against the recently published security exploits against DNS.

For some reason, our domains (Boston Reefers and all of my own) are having problems now. I'm on the phone with them trying to help them resolve the issue as I type...hopefully we'll get it figured out soon.

Sorry for the interruption!

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=13066509#post13066509 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by gofish
Isn't it funny that it takes no time at all for people to flock here to post. :)

-Heather

That's because posting on BRS is just as much of an addiction as Reef tanks are.:lol:

Ok, it is back up now. The problem turned out to be a permissions issue on the new server they installed. They've apologized profusely (I've yelled quite a bit actually -- I don't care if it is an emergency or not, they should have notified at least me that this was taking place).

Back