East Bay LFS

dots

Premium Member
I plan on going to Santa Cruz from Sacramento soon and want to know what the best place to stop for the greatest selection, (SPS and LPS), on the east bay.....I am impressed by Alantis Aquariums website, is the store as good?

So I can probably convice the girlfriend only to stop once......what would be your choice and why?

And if you have been to the Sacramento LFS's how does it compare?

I have been to capitol (don't like it) and exotic(best up here so far), but neither are comparable in quality to Atlantis, Aquatic Gallery or (so I hear) Aquascene. Notice I said quality, not price. Good prices are hard to come by unless you trade with the awesome locals! The atlantis website leads to high expectations for the store, but it's a fun trip anyways. their big show tank is pretty sweet, but not that great for viewing. I was impressed with AG, though I haven't been back for quite a while. Anyhow, best of luck, check out the list of stores on the BAR website.

For SPS. those are the 3 stores I would hit. From Sac, you would reach Aquascene first, then Atlantis, then Aquatic Gallery.

Coming from Sacramento I would be sure to stop in the Concord area and vist All About Fish. They are next to a West Marine and Kragen Auto Parts on Contra Costa Blvd.

102 Second Ave South
Pleasant Hill CA 94523
925-687-7080

Back