Four more ready to leave home

Kathy55g

In Memoriam
Hi,
I have 3 rounded clownfish and Gillbert (notched gill cover) who are ready to leave home.
$10 each, healthy and beautiful, no misbarrs! One and a quarter to one and a half inches long.

example of rounded one:
56462RC_IMG_0352.jpg

Gillbert, who is elongated:

56462IMG_0960.jpg

Interested?

pm me,

Kathy
:)

I bet you hate to see them go dont you. Im thinking about trying to raise some. Where did you get all the imformation on rasing them?

I started with Joyce Wilkerson's Clownfishes book. Then I read everything I could on the Fish Breeding Forum here at RC. Then I talked with some of the SEASL guys when I went to IMAC and Brad said he would donate eggs. I was very lucky to get his help. I talked to Martin Moe at IMAC. I talked to some other guys who breed at IMAC. I read the Phytoplankton Culture manual, and the Marine Fish with Emphasis on Clownfish books by Frank Hoff. I read Breeding the Orchid Dottyback by Martin Moe. I read How to Raise and Train your Peppermint Shrimp by Jill Kerkendol.

Mostly I live at The Fish Breeding Forum now, and consult my books regularly.

Yup, LOL. It still is a lot of work, but very pleasureable. Clownfish larvae need a lot of attention. So do juveniles. I have loved both the learning part of it and the doing part of it.

right now my clowns are laying thear eggs on my flowerpot coral. Is there a way of getting them to lay the eggs someplace else.

Hi Kathy,

If you a a couple that are not spoken for, I'd love to get them.

If they're all spoken for, when might your next pair be ready?

Thanks!

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=6826321#post6826321 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by scubabill
right now my clowns are laying thear eggs on my flowerpot coral. Is there a way of getting them to lay the eggs someplace else.

I have no idea. I am very inexperienced in the actual breeding part. I get the eggs from a friend.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=6827987#post6827987 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by brashare
Hi Kathy,

If you a a couple that are not spoken for, I'd love to get them.

If they're all spoken for, when might your next pair be ready?

Thanks!

Hi,
I think I have takers for the ones I have left. If I don't hear from them in a couple of days, I'll pm you. After that, I have 3 that need to grow some more before I can let them go, and after that, it will be many months before I have more. Perhaps May.
Thanks for the interest,

Kathy

Back