Green Wolf Eel Growth Rate?

Dave Legacy

Hi,

I was reading your article abour breeding the Green Wolf Eel Blenny. I've been very interested in housing a single male in a tank I just recently setup and I was wondering if you could give me and idea of the growth rate of these interesting fish.

There isn't a lot of people on the web that I've been able to track down with actual hands on experience, especially with breeding. I'm planning to house it with a Green Spotted Puffer and want to ensure that neither fish grow too quickly for the other and put either at risk.

Thanks in Advance,
David Tong
midniterps13@aol.com

Green wolf eels

Green wolf eels

This is Alicia Richards better half.

I have a breeding pair of green wolf eels. The male is nearly 14" while the female is 8-10" in the three months I have had them in the tank I have noticed no really noticable size difference from either of them. This is feeding live feeders and ghost shrimp every other day.

hi dave

hi dave

I have been housing a male green wolf eel for a few weeks now in a 29 gallon fish and live rock tank. The fish is about 11 inches long and i havent seen much of a change over the last month or so. I have also just dropped in a green spotted puffer. After seeing them go at for a day or two they seem to be getting along better now. The green wolf seems to be somewhat territorial on first impression, but also seems to get over it once the other fish picks its own hiding spot. Make sure your green spotted puffer is at least 3.0 inches as i have seen my wolf eel eat anything smaller the 2.0 inches. Also its important that they both will have plunty of places to get away from each other as they both have seemed to hide in my live rock formation. Let me know how yours get along as im excited to find out how these two will react to each other in the future.

I currently have a 16" female green wolf eel housed with two lion fish, a dogface puffer, a skunk grouper, a panther grouper, and a niger trigger and everyone gets along fine. The Skunk Grouper is very territorial and sometimes the Eel will blatantly go in to his cave to make him mad but they dont harm each other. Sometimes they play a little tag around the tank.

Back