griss' Tank Upgrade Thread

Well, I have 8 active/live outlets in the fish room on one 20 amp circuit.

The plan is for a total of 12 outlets in the fish room on two 20 amp circuits.

So, the first step is complete. Step 2 will be to have the other 4 fish room outlets in-line with the 8 outlets that will be facing the family room type area. I would have gotten that done today too but, I grossly overestimated the amount of wire I had. Need about 25 more feet to finish off but, I’m done for the night.

I’m getting a 50 gallon frag tank from a local reefer in a bit here so I’ve got to go pick that up soon. And, with Mother’s Day tomorrow, I likely won’t make any more progress.

Hopefully next weekend I can finish the other circuit and, at least, begin demo on the old wall.

First pic is the live dedicated fish room circuit and the other two are the combo fish room / family room circuit.

Attachments

• IMG_6503.jpeg
    IMG_6503.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 12
  • IMG_6502.jpeg
    IMG_6502.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 9
  • IMG_6501.jpeg
    IMG_6501.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 12
Oh and I bruised the crap out of my knuckles when the drill bit caught in a joist and slammed my hand into a water pipe. That was fun.

Oh and I bruised the crap out of my knuckles when the drill bit caught in a joist and slammed my hand into a water pipe. That was fun.
I can relate-ish. First time using an impact wrench, got my hand caught between the frame of a car and the handle of the impact wrench

Ugh, damn fuge overflowed again resulting in 20 gallons of RODI being introduced into the system. 1.020 salinity. Mixing water now to slowly bring it up.

I really, really need to get this upgrade done as I have failsafes planned to be built in for this type of thing.

Ugh, damn fuge overflowed again resulting in 20 gallons of RODI being introduced into the system. 1.020 salinity. Mixing water now to slowly bring it up.

I really, really need to get this upgrade done as I have failsafes planned to be built in for this type of thing.
Can you set a maximum on time on the ATO output so it will not stay on long enough to cause this before turning off. Also if possible have it send an alert if the maximum on time had been hit.

Can you set a maximum on time on the ATO output so it will not stay on long enough to cause this before turning off. Also if possible have it send an alert if the maximum on time had been hit.
It’s a 20 gallon Rubbermaid Brute hooked to a float valve in the sump.

Well, I have 8 active/live outlets in the fish room on one 20 amp circuit.

The plan is for a total of 12 outlets in the fish room on two 20 amp circuits.

So, the first step is complete. Step 2 will be to have the other 4 fish room outlets in-line with the 8 outlets that will be facing the family room type area. I would have gotten that done today too but, I grossly overestimated the amount of wire I had. Need about 25 more feet to finish off but, I’m done for the night.

I’m getting a 50 gallon frag tank from a local reefer in a bit here so I’ve got to go pick that up soon. And, with Mother’s Day tomorrow, I likely won’t make any more progress.

Hopefully next weekend I can finish the other circuit and, at least, begin demo on the old wall.

First pic is the live dedicated fish room circuit and the other two are the combo fish room / family room circuit.

Good to see you are keeping the outlets high, big plus in a fish room. I actually mount them to the ceiling in mine.
I did two 20 amp circuits in my fish room and wish I would have done more. My basement is not really fully heated and it takes allot of heaters to heat the water in the winter here. I thought about using a electric heater but most are 1200 or 1500 watts and that is almost a circuit itself.

Good to see you are keeping the outlets high, big plus in a fish room. I actually mount them to the ceiling in mine.
I did two 20 amp circuits in my fish room and wish I would have done more. My basement is not really fully heated and it takes allot of heaters to heat the water in the winter here. I thought about using an electric heater but most are 1200 or 1500 watts and that is almost a circuit itself.
Yep, I’ll have (2) 20 amp circuits for the fish room for a 120 with 40 gallon frag tank. I can always add more if I need.

We’re a bit south of you. My basement doesn’t get cold enough to warrant additional heaters…the tank heaters suffice.

Back