Help an idiot -coral id's for an old Fowlr girl

TxAggie08

House got cratered by Harvey's managed only a 4ft cut out in most of the House, and we're finally, despite the "fine gentleman"( read pos) that is dragging his feet on repairs, pretty much done with the major stuff besides the kitchen.

The opportunity presented itself to pick up a 36" 75gallon acrylic tank in excellent shape. It came with a nice skimmer, return, sump, lighting....it had been a functional tank, along side others.

What I didn't really anticipate was ending up with a large amount of livestock. A 20long PACKED with frags and larger colonies, 4 percula clowns, two decent sized yellow tangs, and a smattering of damsels (4 lyre tails and a b/g). The fish I can handle, the coral...... I've had three fowlr tanks over the last decade, coral is new to me.

Hardware wise I'm running a mar aqua led fixture until the two much more powerful units I purchased are available. I will be supplementing that with 4 t5 bulbs in 36" fixtures. I will have a BRS and GFO reactor, as well as a nextreef smr1 bio pellet reactor. I have a coral box d700 arriving this week to replace the d500 that HAD an...unfortunate mishap rendering it spare parts.

Please, PLEASE before we go any farther, do not lecture me about the yellows in a 3ft tank. Given they had been consigned to a 20 tall for a month and a half, I have at least upgraded their living condition, and will keep them fed and happy as I can until I find them a good home in a bigger tank.

Now, if you made it this far...... I'm not sure all these corals are even compatible, nor what some of them are. I believe the top corals are considered "sps", the right most is a very attractive blue in it's upper third. The middle and left honestly look like fuzzy sticks at this point. The large torch looking corals are, I think LPS corals called candy canes, and the green coral that looks like a broccoli head is a "danny" from Australia, correct? Also Lps.

There is a purple coral on the rock with the zoo polyps that looks like a purple tumor with small tentacles I have no idea what to call, and there is a small rock, bottom left, with a white and green soft coral on it. No idea what these are.

I also have a whole drag rack crammed FULL of various drags, some I can ID, some I cannot. I will try to get a pic tomorrow, that tank is in an awkward place to photograph.

Are these corals compatible enough to make it? I know the SPS is demanding on water conditions, and the softies can cause issues with at least the SPS, possibly the LPS. Is my placement decent?

Thank you for any constructive help. I may be looking to give away or sell some corals at some point in the near future I have far to much for the space I have.

Thanks, kyndal

26757089_10208468125780506_7920991424203251307_o.jpg

Near the top appear to be a birdsnest and another branching SPS or two.

Bottom middle you've got some zoanthids and on the sides and top left look like LPS trumpets.

Good news, they are all compatible with everything in the picture.

Here's a pic of the frag rack and tank. This tank tried to crash, I think I have turned the corner and got enough water change/filtration/etc going to keep it healthy. Any id's that could be made from the crap photos would be appreciated. If you see something that absolutely should not be in this tank, please let me know as well.

27021421_10208477424412966_2188974735136436395_o.jpg

26758707_10208477423372940_356669801612991492_o.jpg

Why does it matter? Does it change what I was asking?

Maybe it's a southern or Texas thing, it's not exactly uncommon to say "im a (insert fan of, devotee of, etc) girl/guy" here.

Why would you comment on a thread asking for help with coral Id's from someone who got in over their head, and is trying to do the right thing and relocate any who don't belong and save any that where in rough shape, and insult me for how I speak, and the colloquialisms I use?

There are a lot of different stuff on that frag rack. It would be very hard to describe which coral is which unless I download the picture and put the names on to the picture.

If I were you, I would first go to this site and try to identify as much of them as possible.

https://www.liveaquaria.com/category/597/coral

If you are uncertain about any corals or cannot find the coral you are looking for; you can put the pictures of those, and we will be happy to help.

The two I don't have roughly Id'd, and the Orange coral middle front of the second pic..... I think it's a leather, which means it doesn't belong with the lps and sps right?

In the first pick, bottom right there's a large green coral that I believe to be a type of torch. The green coral behind it has me stumped. It look like a small green mound, and I believe it to be a stony coral of some type.

With the exception of the leather and another softy I haven't identified(it's body is purple and soft, then has green tendrils growing off it. You can see it far left in the second pic), I THINK everything should play nice enough with each other, as this mostly seems to be a mix of polyps, zoos, and lps/sps.

I think.... I could also be talking out my backside.

Thank y'all for the help1

The two I don't have roughly Id'd, and the Orange coral middle front of the second pic..... I think it's a leather, which means it doesn't belong with the lps and sps right?

In the first pick, bottom right there's a large green coral that I believe to be a type of torch. The green coral behind it has me stumped. It look like a small green mound, and I believe it to be a stony coral of some type.

With the exception of the leather and another softy I haven't identified(it's body is purple and soft, then has green tendrils growing off it. You can see it far left in the second pic), I THINK everything should play nice enough with each other, as this mostly seems to be a mix of polyps, zoos, and lps/sps.

I think.... I could also be talking out my backside.

Thank y'all for the help1

-Orange coral middle front of the second pic; Are you talking about the mushroom? A similar coral is on the flower pot. It is a soft coral.

-large green coral Yes the metallic green one is a torch.

-he green coral behind Hard to say, need a closeup picture. Might be a montipora (SPS).

-it's body is purple and soft, then has green tendrils growing off it. I think that is green star polyp (GSP). It might also be Galaxea Coral, which is LPS. They look similar, so need a closeup.

Back