hoya macro +7 kit any good?

UFreefer

I currently have a canon a60 and although i like the camera it seems impossible to take any kinda of macro shot in my tank. I was looking into the hoya macro filter kit that includes a +1, +2, and +4 filter. Before i buy this kit i was looking to see anyone uses these kits on their camera and what their impressions are.

How good will the quality be when i have to stack all three filters in order to get +7?

They are decent if you are not TOO picky with image quality. They do OK if used 1 at a time, however, if you stack them, then their shortcomings are rather apparent.

Stack all three? It's not worth it.

Both Canon and Nikon makes great diopter lens. These are multi-element and produce much much better optical quality, however, at equivalently higher prices. The Canon ones are called the 500D and 250D, while the Nikon counterparts are called 3T and 5T? Most believe the Canon ones are slightly better, but more expensive.

If you do buy one, go for the large filter diameter ones like the 77mm (biggest and most expensive) because this will protect your investment, since it will work with smaller lens via a step-down adapter, but will still work with the best of the lenses if you decide to get a DSLR in the future.

can you explain the difference between the hoyas and the canon 250 and 500d's? At what distance will the 250 and 500 focus at?

The Hoya and Tiffens are singe element diopters. The Canon and Nikon diopters are muti-element ones, meaning there's several glass elements in the filter, each with their specific function(s).

As for the min focusing distance, it is best to check Canon's website, they will have it listed. The 500D is commonly used to photograph butterflies with the 300 f4L lens.

Back