Looking for Custom tank builders in SoCal (with reviews)

31e2c2843ec0ce3e4441b508b796c511.jpg

https://www.*********.com/threads/crystal-dynamics-72x24x24-build-thread.640897/

Here is my build thread.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Got a quote from CDA, and for a 60" long x 30" wide tank, the quote was $2700 for the stand itself. The stand is steel wrapped in custom nice white wood cabinet wrapping.

Is this typical? I have no idea how much stands cost nowadays, but I was expecting it to be a bit cheaper than than the tank. The stand was same price as the tank.

As much as I love the external overflow, I really like the fact that you can push your tank against the wall. It's such a cleaner look. I guess most folks with external overflow has to leave a gap between wall and tank. Anyone have creative idea to hide that gap? Another piece of trim?

What are those pads/feet on that stand? Did those come with the CD stand? Or something you added?

Oh, those were furniture sliders that I used to place the tank and stand more easily. They've since been removed, but the CDA steel stand does come with leveling feet too (3 on each side of the tank), but those are not visible when looking at the tank.

As much as I love the external overflow, I really like the fact that you can push your tank against the wall. It's such a cleaner look. I guess most folks with external overflow has to leave a gap between wall and tank. Anyone have creative idea to hide that gap? Another piece of trim?

That's ultimately why I went with an internal overflow.

Back