My First Flamboyant Cuttlefish!!

A bunch of those pics are mis identified and have been for years - though the company has been told.

They also seem to have a habit of sending cephs that are different from what was ordered.

Oh well. It seems as if they aren't selling retail at this time anyway. I guess the owner is going to retire and is looking for someone to sell his business too....

Any special setup for a cuttlefish?

Each Cuttle requires a different setup. As far as Metasepia sp. go I would say a large bottom area would be best as they do not travel too much into the upper water column. No powerheads or at least I am afraid of trying them!! Part of me says cuttles are too smart to get sucked into a powerhead but another part of me says why chance it. The return line to the tank is taken from the protien skimmer effluent water as to give as much oxygen as possible. Lighting doesn't seem as important unless you want more color from your cuttles. Meaning as with most sea creatures better lighting shows off more colors. Most important feed them!! They like to eat!

d1d869c4bc985b3913a614dff91bbc4c.jpg

https://vimeo.com/134363922

I'm fairly certain that isn't a flamboyant cuttlefish (metasepia pfefferi). I raised and bred them for 6 months last year and I never saw any that pale. Still a cute cuttlefish though!

Back