Neptune APEX automated alkalinity monitoring

I would rather leave my calcium reactor in place, and have a machine that tests and monitors alk. I would be concerned it read the wrong value and pumped my tank full of alk.

I would rather leave my calcium reactor in place, and have a machine that tests and monitors alk. I would be concerned it read the wrong value and pumped my tank full of alk.

the way their video described it, you still need your CR. You would need to set it lower. If your goal is 9.5 DKH, set the CR to 9. Then let the doser dose to 9.5

this is where I feel iffy on... now I gotta monitor 2 dosing devices closely.. and in my small coral QT (60gal), alk consumption changes all the time..

be nice if this machine would only read, and not dose.. Or keep the dosing feature as a spare function for vacation

the way their video described it, you still need your CR. You would need to set it lower. If your goal is 9.5 DKH, set the CR to 9. Then let the doser dose to 9.5

this is where I feel iffy on... now I gotta monitor 2 dosing devices closely.. and in my small coral QT (60gal), alk consumption changes all the time..

be nice if this machine would only read, and not dose.. Or keep the dosing feature as a spare function for vacation

They already announced they will be coming out with one that only monitors. And it will be cheaper.

Alkalinity

Alkalinity

I'm so excited for this I will buy one 1st chance I get. I really wish Neptune could come out with a camera that is easily integrated into the apex 2016, I needed a IT guy to set mine up. And then it stopped working on safari devices.
Anthony

bringing up old threads are always confusing to me.

I just recently bought the KH Guardian. I got the monitor only so it does not dose. With the calcium reactor I thought this was perfect.

I know that the alkatronic is about to be released. I have seen videos of it so far. I think in the long haul of this everyone wins as competition drives down price and improves product each generation.

Did any of you guys go to Reefapalooza and check out the Trident that Neptune had on display? Apparently it was working, but I was told that it was only one of a handful of prototypes. Anyone have thoughts or the inside track on when it will be available?

Back