New Camera

CitCat21

I Really want a new camera. I have an Olympus 650. I love the fact that it has a 10X optical zoom and a rechargeable battery pack but it's lacking in the MP only a 4.1 and it can't shoot in raw mode.

I have been looking in to a lot of camera i'm seriously considering three cameras so far:

canon S2 - Not a huge Sensor but a little better than what i have still now raw mode standard AA Supposed to be one of the best Macro Cameras $440 before Memory Card and Rechargeable batteries

Panasonic FZ30 - 8MP 12X Zoom Raw Mode and a rechargeable battery, I've read reviews about excessive noise though. $560 before Memory Card

Fuji Fine PIX S9000 - 9MP 10.7X Zoom Raw Mode SStandard AA Batteries

Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Please don't tell me to buy a dslr i can't afford one with the lenses i want.

i also have had a few olypmus and recently got an e-500. it is 800, but that is for a dslr with two lenses. you may be able to find it cheaper now, as i got it for christmas. for an extra $200 you should at least consider a dslr. while it will take some practice to get good with it, the flexibility and options it offers make it worth it to me.

canon just announced the S3 which is taking place of the S2. same 12x zoom, bump up to 6MP and ups the ISO to 800. estimated retail price of 400 bucks.

Back