NYC Phosphate Levels

mickeyfish

Just wondering how all the NY reefers out there deal with the high phosphates in our water. My testing shows around 3-4 phosphate on tap. This was confirmed by the 2017 NY water quality report which shows average phosphate levels of 3 mg/l.

Phosphate is reduced to about .2 after my 5 stage RODI with two DIs. I also run GFO in my tank, but can't seem to get my levels below .15-.2 in my tank. Any advice?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just wondering how all the NY reefers out there deal with the high phosphates in our water. My testing shows around 3-4 phosphate on tap. This was confirmed by the 2017 NY water quality report which shows average phosphate levels of 3 mg/l.

Phosphate is reduced to about .2 after my 5 stage RODI with two DIs. I also run GFO in my tank, but can't seem to get my levels below .15-.2 in my tank. Any advice?

How often do you do water changes and maybe use a little bit more gfo then recommend

How often do you do water changes and maybe use a little bit more gfo then recommend

5 Gallon change weekly. I think the problem is that this is adding phosphates back actually since it's in my WC water. I am running almost twice the recommended GFO per gallon.

I am going to try a third DI on my RODI. The Silicabuster resin to see if this will get rid of the remaining phosphates.

5 Gallon change weekly. I think the problem is that this is adding phosphates back actually since it's in my WC water. I am running almost twice the recommended GFO per gallon.

I am going to try a third DI on my RODI. The Silicabuster resin to see if this will get rid of the remaining phosphates.

What stage RO/DI unit do you have? cause I have the BRS 5 stage and I just went throu the new filter in like 4 WCH I dont like there new filter they suck and im going to leave a bad feed back on there site

What stage RO/DI unit do you have? cause I have the BRS 5 stage and I just went throu the new filter in like 4 WCH I dont like there new filter they suck and im going to leave a bad feed back on there site

So I have a 4 stage from Reverseosmosisrevolution. It's not the greatest unit. I have added a second DI stage using a Spectrapure Silicabuster DI and this has seemed to help.

So I have a 4 stage from Reverseosmosisrevolution. It's not the greatest unit. I have added a second DI stage using a Spectrapure Silicabuster DI and this has seemed to help.

The most filters you have the better and u have to make sure you have the right filters cause I just found out that there new carbon filters and no good for my water had to get the 5 micron chlorine one cause it closed up my middle carbon one wa t to fast and kill my DI resin way too fast

Back