Oklahoma's Newest 120 Gal SPS Reef

As promised here are a few updated pics. I really need a new camera. Going to Disney in July maybe I will invest in a new for the trip.

Enjoy,

Ed

Tankpics008.jpg

Tankpics058.jpg

Tankpics006-1.jpg

Tankpics001.jpg

Tankpics036.jpg

Tankpics088.jpg

Tankpics017.jpg

Tankpics018-1.jpg

Tankpics037.jpg

We have similar tendencies with Bulk Reef Supply magnesium sulfate/magnesium chloride. I have a doser or two around, but I'm still manually dosing mag. Keeps me hands-on. Im using different media in my CR-2, but will most likely be switching over soon, as mine is no longer available on any webstore I can find.

What is your pH inside the CR-2? Have you needed to bring pH down as the colonies have taken off? Looking forward to pics!

I try to keep my pH inside the first chamber 6.70 then regulate my affluent output to keep it right there. I have had to bump up my affluent output and CO2 input once or twice over the last year to keep my ALK set at 8.

Updated Pictures

Updated Pictures

New Pictures for the New Year. I have still have that hair algae that just comes and goes but now have some type of macro algae sprouting everywhere, anyone not a Tang that likes this? I finally have got some decent growth but still have a few coral that have just not colored up to their potential.

Happy New Year and Enjoy!!!

Ed

IMG_2303.jpg

IMG_2316.jpg

IMG_2309.jpg

IMG_2278.jpg

IMG_2274.jpg

IMG_2258.jpg

IMG_2224.jpg

IMG_2220.jpg

IMG_2231.jpg

arg your tank kills mine and mine is almost 5 years old.
i did get a cool new skimmer when i was home on R&R.
got a Super Reef Octopus XP-2000 External and added a self cleaning neck. Its a little overkill for a 60 cube but Amber dosent do much work on the tank..lol.
If i could get half the color of yours i would be happy.
OBTW it looks like i should be coming home early apr...woot

Rich

As promised here are a few updated pics. I really need a new camera. Going to Disney in July maybe I will invest in a new for the trip.

Enjoy,

Ed

Tankpics006-1.jpg

QUOTE]

What is the little "Monti?" frag in the middle behind the blue acro? I have one almost identicle i picked up years ago as a $5 brown out special but is now really pretty. still small though. Tank looks great by the way!

Thanks Rich, but yours is technologically superior to mine :) I hope you can make a road trip this summer sometime!

cjilge,

That is the Appleberry monti. Mine has kept its color but has not had the growth I would expect out of it. Yet, I have not had huge growth out of any of my corals so who knows.

Appleberry is not the fastest of growers.
Undata looks very similar, tends to brown out, but doesnt have the blue polyps, instead it has white(ish) polyps.

i'll have to see if I can get a good pic of mine, it definately has blue polyps and has the shape like yours. I have had it for sevral years and I would say it is stilll only a frag, lol

I think its about time for some updated pics. Its been a yr brother, lets see that thing..
lol..hope all is well on your end.
Vr
Rich

You still alive brother? Would love to see some updates.
I have to tear my tank down next month, big Army is going to PCS me to Hunter Army Airfield. /cry it is 30 mins from the ocean.

Vr
Rich

Back