Questions about Yashia Goby/Shrimp Pairs and Wormfish

Trumpet12

Premium Member
I'm interested in keeping a Yashia shrimp goby and Randall's pistol shrimp in my 75 gallon tank. The tank is aquascaped with a rockpile at each end and an open area in the middle. It's only mobile inhabitants are a pair of Cinnamon clownfish (A. melanopus). They seem to have a fairly well defined territory on the right side of the right rock pile, which is a good distance away from where I would like the shrimp and goby to have their burrow. Do you think that they would bother the goby or shrimp?

There is very little substrate in the tank now, so I was thinking about adding a mixture of a fine aragonite gravel (very coarse sand) and very large aragonite gravel. Would this work for the shrimp to burrow in? For a starter burrow, does it matter whether you use a straight piece of PVC pipe at an angle or a 45 degree bend?

I'm also interested in eventually adding a wormfish, which I would like to sometimes use the goby and shrimp's home as a bolt hole. I have read that P. zebra should usually be kept in groups, because they do a little better when kept like this and will interact with each other in interesting ways. Is this true, and is it true for all wormfish or just P. zebra? Would keeping them in a group decrease the chance of one or more of them sharing the goby's home?

I know that I've asked a lot of questions here, so I'll understand if it takes some time to reply. ;)

Thanks, Tyler

Back