Reef Vacations in the Carribean?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Christine

This is a little off subject, but I thought you all might have some input for me. Anyway, my family and I want to go on a short vacation to either the Bahamas or the Keys, and we were wondering where to go for the best scuba diving. I've been snorkeling in the keys on a science field trip, and thought it was wonderful, but I thought maybe someone would know of a great place to go that might not be really crowded. We're just going for the snorkelling, we don't care about other tourist attractions. If you have any ideas, I'd be most grateful.

I live in Miami, FL, not too far from the Keys. One of the best places to snorkle down there as far as diversity, clarity, ammenities, and tourist friendliness is Camp John Pennycamp. You might want to do a searh for it with some type of search engine on the internet or ask your travel agent. Hope this helps.

JOHNNY

------------------
www.homestead.com/johnnymok

Hello,
I have been diving many places in the Carribean and Key West. I would say the best reef diving is in Turks and Caicos. It is mostly wall diving and deep, but there are some shallower spots as well. Off the island of Provo there is a dive called "The Aquarium" it's about as close as you are gonna get to jumping into your tank. HTH
Jeff

Turks and Caicos...man, musta been nice. Haven't done that one yet but still gotta recommend the Caymans...some of the best Carribean diving there is, IMO, clear water, incredible reefs, great hotels, fantastic food. An annual dive trip if there ever was one.

Did a cave dive in Mexico last year, now THAT was a cool dive...isothermals with fresh water flowing below the saltwater...looked like the mist in Alien (remember that scene?) below you...stalagtites, stalagmites, bizarre fish and creatures...one cavern I remember the size of the Astrodome with a single ray of light at top which only came down at exactly 2:05 PM when the sun was aligned.....

Sorry, got a little off topic....this would make a great thread sometime.

elvis

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back