VarioS intermittently turning off

Redland

I have a Reef Octopus VarioS-8 return pump and for about a week it will turn off for several minutes (my guess is 1-3 minutes though sometimes I have not seen exactly when it turns off) then spontaneously turn back on. The 15 and 0 minute "feed mode" lights turn on when the pump is off, but it is not off for the entire "feed mode". I am not using the float valve for the pump. The pump is controlled by Apex through the 0-10V port and the controller to plugged directly into the wall. There are no reported connection issues with apex and the return pump is configured to always on (no fancy programming, programmed feed modes, variation in pump speed throughout the day). Any ideas for what is happening? I used the pump for several months without this issue.

I have a Reef Octopus VarioS-8 return pump and for about a week it will turn off for several minutes (my guess is 1-3 minutes though sometimes I have not seen exactly when it turns off) then spontaneously turn back on. The 15 and 0 minute "feed mode" lights turn on when the pump is off, but it is not off for the entire "feed mode". I am not using the float valve for the pump. The pump is controlled by Apex through the 0-10V port and the controller to plugged directly into the wall. There are no reported connection issues with apex and the return pump is configured to always on (no fancy programming, programmed feed modes, variation in pump speed throughout the day). Any ideas for what is happening? I used the pump for several months without this issue.

This is the second post about this brand controller and pump in the last two days. Controller/pump just going "bad". Contact ?Coralvue? and open a ticket. No one seems to have an answer yet but the problem report of lights flashing on the controller are similar.

Here is the other post about it: http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2651018
You just need to know that skimmer comes with a VarioS-x pump and controller.

Back