Where to get macroalgae and marine vascular plants

not happy with purchase

not happy with purchase

Gulf Coast Ecosystems has not returned my e-mails since i first notified them the algae arrived dead. i have had good experiences with them in the past. anyone else having a problem daeling with them.

Re: not happy with purchase

Re: not happy with purchase

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=9025132#post9025132 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by blix70
Gulf Coast Ecosystems has not returned my e-mails since i first notified them the algae arrived dead. i have had good experiences with them in the past. anyone else having a problem daeling with them.

You probably know this but they were closed for a long time, maybe as much as a couple years. Perhaps now they are under different management. Hopefully they make things right for you.

They have been having horrible problems with USPS. I ordered from them in early December and it took a week for the package to get from them to me in the FL panhandle. They were king enough to give me a full (including shipping) refund. I tried to order again on Monday and got a refund with the same response that blix 70 got in my paypal today.

I'm sure that they are disappointed with the situation but you can't blame them for not wanting to wait for better weather (and hopefully USPS service).

A word of warning

A word of warning

A word of warning:

ipsf.com order process is at best a hazardous proposition. They have you submit your personal data and credit card data via email and that my friend is about as secure as posting the same data on a website.

Email is snooped, gleaned and scanned by lots of sources as it traverses the internet. Virtually anyone with a few hours education can pull your mail right off the net and see what is in it. Spammers have done this for ages (ever wonder how your private email address got on a list?)

If you order from them, you should call and do it over the phone...

Super place to get product, terrible place for security :)

Super place to get product, terrible place for security
For the most part, agreed. IME shipped good product in good condition. IPSF cultured animals and plants are better IMO/IME than the majority of similar (hermits, snails, Gracilaria algae) products offered. I especially like that you recieve baby grazers instead of mature, wild-collected grazers, and some of these will propogate under good conditions. HOWEVER, do be cautious as I've recieved Aiptasia anemones with IPSF product, and other people have reported importing Aiptasia and Aceol flatworms ("red flatworms") with IPSF product. This was years back and maybe IPSF has improved in this regard, I don't know.

Gulf Coast Ecosystems

Gulf Coast Ecosystems

I ordered from Gulf Coast Ecosystems last Thursay, February 1. I was never contacted to confirm that they received my order, so I emailed them on Monday the 5th. They never replied to my email, so I tried calling their customer service number. This number apparently doesn't exits. I don't mind if they wait until warmer weather until they ship my order, but they should at least contact me to tell me what's going on...

There are several links to sites at the beginning of this thread that are now outdated, it would be great if someone could post some updated info and links. I have been looking for a good cheap source for caulerpa. . . . so far no luck.

i have ordered from livebrineshrimp.com
they have some decent customer service. called to advise me that some stuff was out of stock. when i recieved my order, they mixed an item up and shipped something else. I ordered C. prolifera, but got some sw "ghost shrimp", called and they said the next time I ordered they would send it. I also ordered their small sandbed clams, they are bigger than a quarter. The claupera and some red macro that I ordered is great. i got a 1/4 lb of each, and it is ALOT.

does anyone know where i can find any algae or mangrove marine plants in new zealand, please help.
cheers
oli

Back