10,000 gal pool reef. 38,000 liters

The cement needs to cure for 30 days before I can apply the epoxy layers. It's a heavy solids 2 part epoxy. Three layers on top of two precoats.

I have one last thing to do though - I need to chip a little groove around the reef sump to tank PVC connections and seal them. It's another measure to make sure there's no surface leakage around the PVC. I have the concrete hammer to do it - just need to do it and it's hot in Texas. :)

Looks great.
I know there is still much to do, but it must be gratifying to look over what you have accomplished.

Looks great.
I know there is still much to do, but it must be gratifying to look over what you have accomplished.

It is good to step back and see what's there. I can also visualize the reef and where everything is likely go.

I tend to be a perfectionist though so if I'm not making progress, I see all the flaws instead. :lolspin:

I do need some help coming up too - lot of epoxy and plumbing!

Very ambitious plan!!
Just like with public aquaria, biggest costs are labor and salt mix. With that bright Texas sun beaming down, if you have a bunch of coral in there, and you can maintain good water quality, they will grow like mad and your alk and calcuim uptake will be HUGE. Rainwater may be a real issue, but not sure. Are the surges the only flow you're planning?

OPs last visit here was in February 2022. Such a shame, this build really had some potential.

Hey guys. I’m still here.
My dad passed away last year so everything stopped.

The pool and reef section are running as a full use pool now. The next step is the raised glass walls. I’ll post pictures when I can.

IMG_4724.jpeg
IMG_4725.jpeg

Last edited:
Hey guys. I’m still here.
My dad passed away last year so everything stopped.

The pool and reef section are running as a full use pool now. The next step is the raised glass walls. I’ll post pictures when I can.
Sorry to hear about your dad. :(

It will be awesome to see where this goes. Following.

Back