225 Tank build thread

calvin415

Figure I'll try to document the build out of my dad's tank... Nothing major yet, only have the tank installed in the fish room and have the trim around the tank installed. Lots of work to be done.

DSC_2755.jpg

DSC_2756.jpg

Tank is 60x36x24 with Calfo style overflow... More details will come as it get's built and pictures are taken.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=9283260#post9283260 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by murfman
Schweeeeet!!!!

Thanks Paul, LMK if you want to check it out sometime, else I hope to host a meeting there when it's all finished...

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=9283417#post9283417 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by prplfirefish
anytime you need more to do Eric we are next in line ok?????

K, what did you have in mind? :D

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=9284375#post9284375 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Madman133
If u set up everyone down south then feel free to start coming up north :p

Might take a while to get through everyone down here, but I'll keep it in mind. ;)

I have a question for you eric...i was looking at the over flow and realized both sides were glass and tubes were coming down the other side...do you have it draining out the side of the over flow or what?

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=9285996#post9285996 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Leopard Wrasse
Eric,

That's going to be a sweet setup!

Thanks Robert, I can't wait to get it all up and going. Just waiting for the go ahead to start spending some more of my pop's money. :D

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=9286062#post9286062 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Madman133
ok gotcha now...very nice btw. Im jealous :)

Thanks, I'm jealous too. I wish I had the room to do something like this. To try to put this into perspective, the tank sits 4 ft off the ground and the top is at about 6ft. The basement ceilings are close to 10' so the room really dwarfs the tank.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=9287177#post9287177 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by normanviking
Other then installing the tank aren't you being modest. Didn't you and Russ build that tank too. lol Looks awesome.

LOL!!! Yes we built the tank as well. :D Took a couple weeks but I still have a bunch of black acrylic to buy to cover the tanks walls.

That will be one very nice set up.

Server repair? Build Tanks? Server repair? Build Tanks? Server repair? Build Tanks?
Let me know when you quit your day job and start doing this full time. I want to come work for you.

Eric I was going to ask you how much it would cost for some thin black acrylic? I want to make a removable back cover. I was thinking of using magnets like on the cupboards. the thin ones. Had some otehr ideas, but forgot them already. lol

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=9288281#post9288281 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Thurge
That will be one very nice set up.

Server repair? Build Tanks? Server repair? Build Tanks? Server repair? Build Tanks?
Let me know when you quit your day job and start doing this full time. I want to come work for you.

LOL!!! Thanks bud, but tank building is more of a hobby than a business. I tried to do it on the side but got burned out real quick (WeldOn had something to do with that too).

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=9289470#post9289470 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by normanviking
Eric I was going to ask you how much it would cost for some thin black acrylic? I want to make a removable back cover. I was thinking of using magnets like on the cupboards. the thin ones. Had some otehr ideas, but forgot them already. lol

You got PM...

LOL!!! No not yet, need to get a new RO/DI unit, pair of Darts, black acrylic, a couple hole saws and lots of plumbing before we can get to filling it.

Back