600 gallon Acrylic and Glass Reef Construction.

and the last few:

b-IMG_4589.jpg

b-IMG_4582.jpg

b-IMG_4577.jpg

b-IMG_4578.jpg

b-IMG_4580.jpg

b-IMG_4576.jpg

Paul.

That's just beautiful!

Hope it doesn't take another weather emergency to see more of this tank!

Paul you have an awesome tank there. I skimmed the thread and didn't come across it, but what lighting are you using on your display?

T5s only.

I run 24 48 inch bulbs over the tank.

Paul.

That's great. I run all T5 on my 280 with a DIY light rack 8 x 48 bulbs. I'm looking for more punch and tired of the salt creep on the bulbs and slrs so I'm considering a switch to a 10 x 60 inch ATI power module.

Apart from size... there is absolutely no reason why not. nce you get water chemistry figured out, you are set.

Amazing tank !!! I give you more credit for springing a leak, making a plan to fix the problem and then continuing to push forward and it has really paid off !!!

Beautiful! I saved one of your photo's for my desktop. Still have the original setup or have you made any changes? I saw you are still running the t5s with excellent results.

i am going to be building another tank in a few months. it will be very similar to your tank in size.

i may want three sides viewable.

i could not find the exact silicone product in your thread. would you tell us what you used? how thick is your glass?

would the people that built your tank build one to ship or would i have to drive to Oklahoma to get it?

you tank is one of the very nicest i have seen.

carl

Carl,

They do ship, and they do make 3 and 4 sided hybrids.
You just need to find a local dealer that can work with AGE.
I didnt build the tank, so I cant comment on the silicone used.

Thanks for the kind comments,

Paul.

Paul-

thanks for the feedback about your tank builder. i am not familiar with AGE. what does that stand for? would i need to order from my LFS?

do you have any contact info for them? where are they located?

can i assume you are very happy with your decision?

why did you decide on the hybrid design over all glass?

the day i caught a small snail under the magnetic cleaner and scraped it back and forth across the tank leaving a long deep scratch i was not very happy with acrylic and my carelessness. and then i remembered reading about your tank and thought that would be great if i ever get to build another system.

Carl

i found them
http://www.acrylicandglassexhibits.com/index.html

how heavy is your tank? how thick is the glass?

how did the price compare to an all glass or acrylic tank?

Carl

Four people can move my tank in and out of a truck and onto its stand. I would estimate it weighs about 400lbs.

As far as I know, the Starfire front panel is 1/2 inch. Due to the support the acrylic border provides, this is more than strong enough for this tank.

As for price- well thats between you and the LFS ordering it, I cant really comment on that.

Paul.

thanks Paul

i didn't want to know the price of your tank but how the price compared to same size all glass or acrylic.

what do you think are the advantages over either all glass or all acrylic tanks?

that seems light weight. my 96x48x36 acrylic tank weighs 800 pounds i was told. it seemed like it when moving it.

Carl

Advantages are that all the sides are fully customizable, you can drill anywhere.
The front is Starfire, relatively scratch resistant- unlike acrylic.

It is light weight.
You can have a black- or blue background incorporated.
It looks incredible.

I think that about sums it up.

Would you consider posting current pics of your fishroom showing the layout? I'm trying to plan one from scratch (10x14' room). Thanks for a truly inspiring tank and great build thread. The 2 year follow up is awesome.

Neil C

Back