75g Upgrade

Lee_Bay

Well after putting off finishing the stand all summer, a small fire under my 38 inspired me to get off my butt and finish the stand for the 75g.
Plans were to top the stand with crown molding, but my lack of ability changed the plans for me.

I decided to go with a white stain, but I don't want the stand to BE white. The picture in my head is blurry, but what I have right now appears to be close as far as color goes. I'm almost afraid to put another coat on because I don't want it to be too white, but I'll let the wife make that call when she gets home.

Enough talk. Here are some pics and I would appreciate an opinion or two. Thanks.

DSC_0556.jpg

DSC_0557.jpg

DSC_0558.jpg

DSC_0559.jpg

DSC_0560.jpg

Funny you sould mention that. I was just online trying to find a website I thought I had saved but can't find right now. If I find that site, I'm gonna order doors for the front and both sides. Seems like they were $12 and $14 per door. Well worth me not having to make them. I'll order unfinished oak and stain them to match the stand.

Found the website for the doors in case anyone is interested. I haven't used them yet, but have heard several people here on RC are happy with them.

http://www.cabinetdoorsandhardware.com/

I will post what I think of their service and quality after I receive the doors just so everyone will know.

Didn't get to work on the canopy or get another coat of poly on the stand yesterday. I did work on the electric a little bit, but it's not finished yet either. I won't get to work on it today either.

It's starting to look like I might not have water in the tank this week, but it's still a possibility.

Will post pics of progress when progress is made.

PROGRESS!!!

I finished the power/control center, got another coat of poly on the stand, and have the back of the stand cut and ready to go on.

I am uploading pics to photobucket now. Will post pics as soon as they are done.

Very nice!

Very nice!

I love the control board.

If you run out of outlets on this setup, then I don't know about ya!

Looking good, keep updates coming. It always great to see what other people are building and how they do it. Course I'm a picture junky so keep those coming too.

Re: Very nice!

Re: Very nice!

Thanks for the comments. It's always good to hear what others think about your setup. (good or bad)

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=10621395#post10621395 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by crabfan

I didn't really put a lot of thought into the outlets, just knew I could get 2 4-gang boxes on there. That's 16 outlets and I think I'll be cutting it close:

1-Return Pump
2-Skimmer Pump
3,4-Power Heads
5-ATO
6,7-250W Metal Halides
8,9-2 Actinics
10-LED Night Lights
11-Fuge Light
12-Canopy Fans
13-Sump Fan(Maybe)
14-Calcium Reactor(Future)
15,16-Future expansion (Maybe more powerheads)

Yep, cutting it REAL close.
:eek1:

a small fire under my 38 inspired me to get off my butt and finish the stand for the 75g.
Yipes that'll motivate ya.
Very nice work. What are you going to use for a sump?
Gulp, Dwight I've got 16 outlets under mine and they're all in use. Even with the halides hardwired to the basement. :D

Thanks Amy

Gulp, Dwight I've got 16 outlets under mine and they're all in use. Even with the halides hardwired to the basement. :D

Wow!! What other equipment do you have that I don't have listed??

I ran across an old Amiracle Sump. I put the dimensions into the tank calculator and it comes out to be 17.5 gallons. 24x12x14.

I guess I could throw my 38 under there if I decide I need bigger.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=10626186#post10626186 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Lee_Bay
Wow!! What other equipment do you have that I don't have listed??
I was afraid you'd ask. What's really bad is I just remembered I've got 9 more outlets in the canopy.

1. Timer runs a power strip with the vhos (2 plugs).
2. Return pump
3. Closed loop
4. Canopy...3 power heads plugged in up there.
5. Power head (I think)
6. Skimmer pump
7 8. Ozone/ORP controller
9. Grounding probe
10. Fuge light
11. Heater
12 13 14 Calcium reactor
15. Tank fan
16. Covered by heater controller right now :lol:
I also have a GFO/carbon reactor I run occasionally and a ph meter that isn't hooked up.

There's an outlet in the side of the stand too :rolleyes: Had my router plugged in there for awhile :D

oops. forgot

15-heater
16-grounding probe.

That leaves 14 open for the calcium reactor. Guess that darn near fills 16 sockets.

I may have to eventually combine some things. Fans can be wired together, Powerheads too. I'll be able to manage with 16 I think.

Calcium reactor needs plugs for the reactor pump and the feed pump. I've got a solenoid valve on the CO2 tank that takes up another one.

Then that makes 16, 17, 18. Looks like I may eventually have to add a power strip.

:blown:

Blew 16 outlets out of the water, huh

Back