Acrylic repair on seam - help

What arw your thoughts on this seam? Is it repairable with Weldon 40 and a patch? What options exist? Thanks for your help.

Attachments

• received_1583451689174482.jpeg
    received_1583451689174482.jpeg
    51.5 KB · Views: 14
  • received_398769909707711.jpeg
    received_398769909707711.jpeg
    11.1 KB · Views: 16
This pictures get a bit fuzzy when trying to zoom in. Can you post some better pics or some context? Is the tank full and running or empty?

This pictures get a bit fuzzy when trying to zoom in. Can you post some better pics or some context? Is the tank full and running or empty?
The tank is now empty and in a garage. It never leaked but was taken down as a preventative measure. I will try and get another picture.

The white line represents where the seam is falling
I would think, no experience here, a thin bodied weld-on into the separated area (after a good cleaning) should fix it. The big question is, what caused it to separate in the first place? Uneven stand?

I would think, no experience here, a thin bodied weld-on into the separated area (after a good cleaning) should fix it. The big question is, what caused it to separate in the first place? Uneven stand?
Not sure, it is odd that it is towards the back top, vertical above the power head. I was thinking that maybe a square rod running inside vertically from top to bottom. Using weld-on 40 on moth the back and left wall. I wonder if this will re-seal the entire section.

Not sure, it is odd that it is towards the back top, vertical above the power head. I was thinking that maybe a square rod running inside vertically from top to bottom. Using weld-on 40 on moth the back and left wall. I wonder if this will re-seal the entire section.
Sounds like you know more than me😉👍

Is to tank bowed? Is the bracing around to top in good condition?
Use some very thin weld-on to fill the seam and bond it. Then I would get a tringle shaped piece to reinforce it on the inside. Round the corner off opposite the flat so it fits into the corner well.
I have some scrap acrylic if you want free if your in So Ca.

Is to tank bowed? Is the bracing around to top in good condition?
Use some very thin weld-on to fill the seam and bond it. Then I would get a tringle shaped piece to reinforce it on the inside. Round the corner off opposite the flat so it fits into the corner well.
I have some scrap acrylic if you want free if your in So Ca.
Thanks for the offer and advice. I will give it a shot. I'm in Wisconsin but can get some acrylic pieces here

Back