AGU's powerhead+ holder...

hahnmeister

In Memoriam
Hey Agu. Ive been using those brackets for years... heat forming acrylic to hold powerheads and things in place looked very familiar. There is another use though that I have found: you can make individual mounts for frags that just hang on the walls of the tank. A 1" wide strip of 1/8" acrylic can be bent to hang on the edge of the tank, and then the other end gets bent into just a simple 'L'. In that 'L' you drill a 1/2" hole for the plug to slide into, and ta-da!!!

They are very nice because they make useful space where there was previously none. And you can pluck out a frag without even putting your hands in the water. I was able to cram 30-some SPS frags into a 10g using this method.

The battery air pump cracked me up though... that looked very familiar!!! http://www.nano-reef.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=29093

I never claimed it was original or new, it was just original to me ;) .

Good idea with the frag plug holder, any pics ?

I suppose I could take some. The last pics I had of them were at nano-reef.com years ago before they revamped their site and lost all of the pics. Ill take some pics tommorow and post.

Back