Another build idea thread

whats behind the wall?

A small bathroom, but directly underneath is the basement, or rather access to an area I can designate a fish room! Since my "mullet" :lmao: house has two levels in the basement I can use an area in the sub-basement that has a floor drain as a sump room.

It won't be inwall but considering the space it might seem like it since it will end up taking the entire space. I will probably keep most of the same equipment, my skimmer is rated for somewhere around 500g I think so I should be good there. Your mission now Jim is to keep Kathy thinking it is a good idea :lolspin: if possible.

I will do my best to keep up the hard sell on the upgrade in her presence. Of course once the dust starts flying your on your own :wave:

Just playing around with numbers but a tank 67" X 38" X 28" (LxWxH) Would be just over 300g. Any thoughts?

Don't want to be a naysayer but I'm just wondering about the footprint in that space (3ft W). Seems like that is a pretty high traffic area, how much room would be left to walk when coming down off the landing? I would mock it up with a cardboard box or something to get a feel for what it will look like. It would be cool to recess it into that wall about a foot or so and have it visible from the bathroom side too. Might have some privacy issues until the corals grow out though:lol:

P.S. keep Jim away from my wife, he appears to be the "Bill Clinton" of reef club presidents :love1:

A cardboard mock up is a great idea. I'll have to try that.:thumbsup: Maybe Chad & I need to rethink using "pimp-daddy" Jim to "convince" the wives... :lol::lol:

A cardboard mock up is a great idea. I'll have to try that.:thumbsup: Maybe Chad & I need to rethink using "pimp-daddy" Jim to "convince" the wives... :lol::lol:

dinner, movie and a few drinks and you get your tank upgrade, whatever I can do to help.:love2::mtool:

How did you manage to convince your wife about the tank. When I last asked you at Ruff Waters whether you are upgrading your tank your wife was quick to answer the question for you. :p

How did you manage to convince your wife about the tank. When I last asked you at Ruff Waters whether you are upgrading your tank your wife was quick to answer the question for you. :p

:lol:Very true, but I think the idea of having a more visible tank without a ton of cost is winning her over.

Back