Anybody who is in WY reading this Forum? (Cheyenne)

fasturtle30

noticed this forum was abandoned a while ago, just wondering if anybody who loves this hobby is still checking this forum, i was out for some years,now coming back to Saltwater Aquariums world.
Let me know =):fun4:

I'm up in Billings getting back in after a 5 yr absence. Not that close but just drove through traveling to Denver.

Yeah, this time of year is popular for people in MT/WY to get back into reef tanks. (Don't want to leave the house, looking for a hobby, or to get back into it) My brother lives in Sheridan.

I've been doing freshwater planted for the past 5 years, 2 years ago I started up my 24 gallon cube, but only have the live rock in it... I didn't like the rock I got (ordered online) so I kind of lost interest in it. But looking to convert my 75 gallon planted back to a reef again. and setting up a 40g breeder as well.

Right now I'm thinking 75 gallon will be mixed reef lps/softies with some nice fish. the 40 gallon will be tampa bay live rock and eventually I'll add a mandarin dragonet if I get a healthy pod population going...(possibly a pair of clown fish).

I'd like to do SPS but I think I'll wait till i get a larger drilled tank and do an in-wall setup, i have a great place for it.

Jeff has a good store there in Billings for things, I'll have to do most of my purchasing online... We have a petco and a LFS(really it's a primarily a pet store from what I can tell, nobody ever in the fish section) that doesn't seem to stock much every time I go in. I guess I could ask them to order things for me, but their mark up is pretty high, like $50 for a percula clown. I might talk to them and see what they can do for me if I order several things though.

Last edited:
I am in Casper. We have a Petco. I order on line or drive to Fort Collins. Would really like to chat with others near me. I have a Red Sea max 250. (65) gallons. Also a 140 in the garage awaiting me to tackle.

Any suggestions on ordering/purchasing live rock for my 140?

Shelley

Back