Anyone in here?

…and check this. I STILL have 3 bags of Southdown sand I've been saving for years. Think it's going to be a goby tank.

Last edited:
Got the stand stained yesterday, still need 2 coats of poly and to add hardware. Have Marco Rocks shipment and came up with my rock arrangement, need to secure the structure. Still debating on lights :)

"¦and check this. I STILL have 3 bags of Southdown sand I've been saving for years. Think it's going to be a goby tank.

Are you kidding me? hah hah. What a hoarder!! How many times have you moved that ding dang sand?

I'm going to put a bunch of gobies in my tank. I just haven't done it yet because I'm moving this tank along at a snail's pace...suuuuuper slow. Plus they don't ever have much in the way of gobies at the stores here. They get yellow watchman gobies but no shrimp. They get yellow clown gobies...but I'd prefer green. So eh...I'm just waiting a bit.

Here is what the scape will look like. Have a hold on the stand because it's too cold to poly it. I have moved the sand 3 times now Mel :)

Edit: won't let me post pic now, will try later.

Last edited:
About the sand: hah hah...THREE TIMES?!? I knew it was a few!

About being too cold to poly: That's the boat I'm in with my canopy. It's sitting in the house because it's been too cold or too rainy to paint it. I'm just going to wait a couple of more weeks and then I should be able to do it.

About the sand: hah hah...THREE TIMES?!? I knew it was a few!

About being too cold to poly: That's the boat I'm in with my canopy. It's sitting in the house because it's been too cold or too rainy to paint it. I'm just going to wait a couple of more weeks and then I should be able to do it.

I can't wait for this crappy cold weather to go away!!!

Yeah we'll see how it works. First foray into LEDs for me. Got one of the 30 they released yesterday. Hopefully it keeps the SPS colored up. Didn't really want to fork out the money for the Ecotech and to be honest I tend to not setup things that require too much tech savvy.

This one doesn't look good. MTSU is already closed. MTSU NEVER closes. I am not a weather catastrophist but if we really do get a bunch of ice tonight it's gonna suck. Born in Puerto Rico Rob so my blood isn't too thick either ;)

This one doesn't look good. MTSU is already closed. MTSU NEVER closes. I am not a weather catastrophist but if we really do get a bunch of ice tonight it's gonna suck. Born in Puerto Rico Rob so my blood isn't too thick either ;)

What a coincidence Chris, I'm Puerto Rican but born in S.FLA.

I don't look Puerto Rican (both parents families are from TN) but I was born on Ramey AFB (near Aguadilla on Northwest side of island) during Viet Nam so I know a little Spanish;) Went back a couple of summers ago. Some great diving around Desacheo island.
Looks like we avoided the bad stuff last night, thank God.

Back