Atlantis Marine World

bohlke

PBITAWA
So I am going to be spending some quantity time in Jersey City figured I might try to make it to Atlantis Marine World. It looks pretty nice:

http://www.atlantismarineworld.com/exhibit-indoor-coralreef.html

Hopefully I will be able to get a free day otherwise I will have to stay and extra day as it will take about 6 trains to get there. Going to ask the locals the best route no idea how much cab fare would be (probably $100).

I would contact Mitch, Joe came to speak at our club a few years ago and I am sure Mitch could make a call and get you hooked up with a great tour. His reef tank from what pics I saw was crazy and I could see sitting in front of it for hours.

Thats why I am thinking about getting a cab at least one way as the last train is at 1 or 2 and I most likely will want to spend more time :)

Oh man, I'm jealous. I really wanted to go when we were in NYC, but it was just too far out of the way.
When should I pack my bags? :)

I am hoping that Sunday work is optional and then I can just spend all day there. I am going to be there almost every weekend in April :(

The cab ride beats airfare to Indonesia or Australia, which would probably be the only 2 nicer places to see those types of fish and corals. Plus you get to see all the other exhibits.

I am still considering a long weekend trip to either of those places I just don't know if I can convince Corrina to go.

Oh man, I'm jealous. I really wanted to go when we were in NYC, but it was just too far out of the way.
When should I pack my bags? :)

1320 Miles, when should I pick you up? I'm sure if you can convince your wife to let you go I can get mine to let me go.:fish1:

I will know my weekend schedule sometime during the week of March 8th. I plan to be there the weekends of 4/15, 4/22, and 4/29.

Contact JustJoe if you are going to be making the trip to see Atlantis, he is the curator and if he is there that day he will meet you and show you around, it is worth the effort.

Ok it is confirmed Sundays are not a work day, depending on the costs I think I will go there Sunday on 4/15, 4/22, and 4/29.

Do you have a link to the winter weather issue? Curious just how cold the water got.

I don't. All I know is pretty much all the inner reefs are dead (all of Ken's maricultured stuff, and all the NOAA coral nursery stuff--where we got our stonys from). A portion of the outer reefs are gone, as well. There were also a few thousand cold shock sea turtles that people were scrambling to save. Ironic, everyone was worried about global warming.

Back