Bah!

reefkeeps

I was putting a frag on one of the overflows when my foxface nipped at it, unfortunantly he nipped at the superglue. He now has effectively superglued his mouth shut and I can't catch him! Anyone else had this happen!

Holy crap! It's not funny, but I can't stop laughing. Sorry to hear it. Maybe he will rub it off against the rockwork?

Maybe it'll wear off like it does on humans? I imagine if he can't eat for long enough he'll slow down enough to catch....maybe

I admit, I laughed when I read it....But wow, I feel sorry for him!! Good luck w/ surgery if you get him. :(

DSCN0925.JPG

Sorry for the bad image, as you can see he has a lot of it on him.

Oh I've heard of that happening a few times in the past to other reefers on here. Good luck catching him. Be careful trying to remove it. I know its awefully tough removing that stuff from my fingers, but fish lips?? Maybe thier slimy coat might make it fall off??

I have read other threads about it here. It seems the glue will fall off with no human help. I think it takes about 3 or 4 days though. If you can get the search to work, I think it happened to a clownfish not to long ago.

I agree with Mecold. I belive the skin of the fish will expel the glue in due time. Also a healthy fish can go for weeks with out food. I believe you will be alright. But that picture is too funny.

Patrick

Yeah, he is foaming at the mouth...The poor fish just kind of pushed food around the tank, he is really trying!

That's the first time I've seen that. I'm sure it'll fall off on it's own in a few days. Trying to catch him may only cause more stress on him than is necessary.

ED

Well now it's time to put my money where my mouth is. I was glueing some frags, and this happened.
mouthgluedshut.jpg

I felt a nibble on my hand, but thought it was my female clown.

Back