Best aquarium in a restuarant?

Acolin

Of the Tampa Bay area restaurants, which one has the best aquarium(s)? Red Lobster? Some Chinese place? And, where is it (street and cross-street, please)?

A cool aquarium to see is at a place called Snookers up here in Tarpon on Alt 19. Not a tropical tank, but they have snook, redfish, grouper, spiny lobster and I am sure some other local creatures in what has to be a several thousand gallon aquarium. Not sure how they legally get away with keeping the snook and redfish, though.

And by the way, the food is great.

Dunno if it's considered the 'Tampa Bay' area but the tanks at Rainforest Cafe in Orlando are really nice. As for local places, I'd have to think. I don't know that I've seen really neat ones around, but then I spend all my time at the Tampa Bay Brewing Company =P

they have 2 salt water and one reef tank at the St. Pete Times forum at the xo club that I though were decent.

Anyone see that large tank they had at the Tampa airport near the luggage pickup? Whole bunch of tangs, all of them looked like they had been through a meat grinder. Other than that, the tank looked good and was pretty clean too.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=6703655#post6703655 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by alfa1023
A cool aquarium to see is at a place called Snookers up here in Tarpon on Alt 19. Not a tropical tank, but they have snook, redfish, grouper, spiny lobster and I am sure some other local creatures in what has to be a several thousand gallon aquarium. Not sure how they legally get away with keeping the snook and redfish, though.

And by the way, the food is great.

For some reason I think that is illegal unless they are within the limits and season and stuff. 'A friend of mine' got majorly chewed out and Fish and Game threatened to seize 'my friends' little John boat because they caught him fishing the flats for redfish and the pass for snooks using some very small trout he had cast-netted. Apparently its not only a big time faux pas to do that, but also highly illegal. And its a shame because if you think you've seen a red or snook tear after a pinfish, finger mullet, or a live shrimp, you should see what those suckers do for baby redfish and snook. It's like tta one Seseme Street where he's fishin' by going 'Heeeerrre FEESHY FEESHY FEESHY', they practically jump in the boat for those small 4-6" trout. You put poppin bobber on that bad boy and give it a little action, and its all over.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=6707974#post6707974 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by BillyFSU
Anyone see that large tank they had at the Tampa airport near the luggage pickup? Whole bunch of tangs, all of them looked like they had been through a meat grinder. Other than that, the tank looked good and was pretty clean too.

Seems like whenever I go there the lights are never on (are there any??)...

Estella's on South Dale Mabry across from Lowe's has a big saltwater tank. They have puffer, a huge angel, yellow tang, and some other fishes. If you like mexican it's pretty good food. Go check it out!

i like the aquarium at i believe its called cast aways on hiway 60 by the bridge its been 1 year since ive been there but it was real nice . and great brunch.

Been to the RainForest Café in Sunrise (Ft. Lauderdale) several times, even went in back, went to Estelle on So. DM, nice FO tank, of course the Tangs are suffering from head erosion and they need a large cleaner crab, ââ"šÂ¬Ã‹Å“cause they have a trigger, any others?

the snookers tank is legal only if the game fish in question is not short ( to small) there is no telling how long its been there and if it was caught in season at legal size and just grew in captivity

Tropicana field is getting a tank installed sometime this spring/summer. I think it will mainly be a rays-themed tank

let's try this again:

Bumpity comment, shamelessly designed to keep my post on top:

The Red Lobster on Busch has a large, but bleak looking tank with 2 large Tangs and 2 yellow ones. The lionfish (black voltans?) is also quite large. A slim trigger provides the movement.

The Tung-Tung (sp?) restaurant on 56 and Whiteway (Temple Terrace, north of Busch) also has your typical restaurant tank: a pile of algae covered rock and a few Hawaiian Tangs (one of which is suffering from head erosion).

(must have clicked on the new thread button instaed the of the Post Reply one)

mystic fish has 2 cool wave shaped tanks with corals and one L shaped tank with clownfish and other misc. fish well atleast it was there the last time i was their

Back