DYI 600g + -

I got a single rainbow bubble tip anemone one year and three days ago. I now have over 20 and have sold about a dozen of them. :0) Word of warning. Ha!

As for the flatworms, did you try a melanurus wrasse? They take care of those things exceptionally fast. That reminds me that I need to get another one...not because of worms, but because I just like them. Mine went blind, got bloat (maybe??) and eventually had to be euthanized. I had it for almost 7 years. Actually lost all 3 wrasses in a span of about a year. Time to restock, but I need a Labouti this time!

So they are settling in and of course not exactly where I would want them. Plus a few others. Oh well I can get more, they are small.

Attachments

• Rock_Nem-2.jpg
    Rock_Nem-2.jpg
    68.9 KB · Views: 2
  • Rock_Nem-1.jpg
    Rock_Nem-1.jpg
    67.6 KB · Views: 1
  • Sun_Black-1.jpg
    Sun_Black-1.jpg
    65.2 KB · Views: 1
  • Sun-1.jpg
    Sun-1.jpg
    73.4 KB · Views: 2
It is plumbed to the big tank. So the big tank is the fuge for it I guess?
I didnt want to put a fish in the 20g because I felt it was to small plus I didnt want to feed it.
I do have a melanurus wrasse in the big tank. It is free of flatworms, pods and anything it can hunt down and put in its mouth.
Michael your tank looks great
McPuff : I got a single rainbow bubble tip anemone one year and three days ago. I now have over 20 and have sold about a dozen of them
This is just the reason I have stayed away from BTA
In a year or 2 I'm going to have to thin out my mushrooms. I didnt realize they spilt like crazy. 6 leads to 18 leads to 54 ect..... They seem to split into threes.

I'll be following along with your new rock nem tank, for sure. I have long thought of keeping some myself. It'll be interesting to learn more about them, through your experience. Do they move much? Are some colors easier to keep? Will you add any commensal shrimp? Will you feed them? Light requirements? Lots of questions! Good luck with them!

Happy Holidaze!

I'll be following along with your new rock nem tank, for sure. I have long thought of keeping some myself. It'll be interesting to learn more about them, through your experience. Do they move much? Are some colors easier to keep? Will you add any commensal shrimp? Will you feed them? Light requirements? Lots of questions! Good luck with them!

Happy Holidaze!

I was out of town for 5 days. 5 of the Rock Nems moved. I dont know if it was the not being fed every day or what. Some moved out from under rocks into the light, other moved to the shade and 1 moved to the sand.

They now seem to be trying to get the best spots. A little pushing and shoving going on.

Attachments

• Nems_pushy1.jpg
    Nems_pushy1.jpg
    82.8 KB · Views: 2
  • Nems_pushy2.jpg
    Nems_pushy2.jpg
    55.2 KB · Views: 2
That's cool. I had no idea they moved around that much. It's a good sign! It shows they're healthy enough to afford to move around. Nice job. I think your feeding them helps.

How's the 500?

Update on the 500
Since I removed the 20g fuge and made it into tank for rock nems and sun corals, I have a bit of extra algae in the 500g. I got one of them there sea hares. After a week I noticed a difference. The nem tank has a crop of rock loving ulva which im trying to figure out a remedy. The snails wont touch it. It grows like crazy.
I also broke down and have some new fish in QT. 3 tangs and an angel. The 36 hour TTM is killing me. I hate lugging buckets of water from the tank room to the laundry room.

Getting new fish is exciting! Those new tangs and angel are likely candidates to keep that ulva and the other extra algae in check. Which species did you get?

Yellow tang, Kole Eye tang, Emperor angelfish, Banded butterfly or Sailfin tang. Im not sure which. I didnt pick them out so I was not listening to what they were.

Last edited:
Tank update
I have about 20 new (within the past year) Majano Anemones. White with some stripes on the tentacles
Good thing is once they get big you can disturb them and they come off the rocks and you can scoop them up with a net.
I wish my fish would eat them.

Hey lapin! I have one Peppermint Shrimp that I rarely see. It keeps Aiptasia Anemones at bay. I don't know if Majanos are on their menu, but I'd give it a try. I had good luck with (aiptasia-eating) filefish as well, but again not sure about Majanos.

Back