Ed's 195 LeeMar Build

drdoolittle

Finally starting my build thread, I have been working on this for over a year. I started off on August 2009 when i broke off my 220 sps and bought a 195 Lee Mar, thinking that it would be an fast and easy upgrade...wrong!! Over a year later i finally completed the set up.

Heres the new tank specs:
195 LeeMar Starfire 64x32x22 with custom stand.
48" Sfiligio XR4 2x400, 4x54watt T5, with 6x moonlight.
BK Alpha 250 skimmer with Avast Marine Swabbie.
Avast Marine, Davy Jones waste collector large.
ATB Flowstar 3200 return.
Schuran calcium reactor with Cole-Palmer MasterFlex dosing pump.
1/3HP Teco SeaChill Chiller TR20
Apex Controller with EB8 and 2x DC8, IO
Geo Kalk Reactor
Precision Marine media reactor.
Litermeter 3
4x MP40ES and 2x MP40W gen 2
I think thats is.. now here some lousy pictures.. i got ZERO skills with the camera.. I have a good camera, but lousy shots. bare with me.. I hope to learn how to take decent pictures one day.
Heres a shot last year when the tank was first moved in.
DSC_0207.jpg

Jesus and Chris..
DSC_0208.jpg

Pedro and I inspecting the corner damage during the move.
DSC_0057.jpg

Awesome movers..
DSC_0054.jpg

DSC_0210.jpg

Me.
DSC_0055.jpg

drip tray installation.
DSC_0061-1.jpg

Plumbing parts.
DSC_0242.jpg

Return manifold.
DSC_0249.jpg

NOW, a year later

full tank shot
8d70c9ae.jpg

Sump/filtration.
e5bafa1c.jpg

Skimmer
14bf45eb.jpg

Return
64f26a91.jpg

MP40s
37d69840.jpg

Calcium Reactor
75c8d1b0.jpg

Chiller
00b388df.jpg

Apex
3965a265.jpg

Reactors/waste collector
ff537e12.jpg

More pictures to come...

:inlove::inlove::inlove::inlove::inlove::inlove:

Must I say more?

Ed, my jaw just about dropped to the floor!!! Wow!!! I'm speechless...I'll be back and post more...need to drool more!!!

Ok I'm back :) had to take a breather hahaha. Your stand is so clean and the way you set everything up is an art form of it's own. The tabeling rock structure aquascape is very unique but can serve so many great options.

What are your plans for stock and fish? Looks like you have had this tank well thought out. Very impressive Ed. Thanks for sharing :D

i have somewhat of a list.. but i think it'll be on a fly.. i had some nice fishes is the past, so i have an idea of what i want.

I'm leaning towards anthias and wrasses.. but i still need to build a tank cover.

Ed,

Good to see you around again. Very impressive build! I can't wait to see what you come up with for fish and coral selection. Hope you, Ros, and the baby are well. Welcome back!

Lookin good

Lookin good

Ed,
Congrats on getting water in the tank. It's going to be a good thread to watch the tank progress in growth. Very clean the way you set it all up

thanks guys..the goal it complete the build by the end of 2010.. took extra vacation just to finish it up. glad it turn out ok.

Jake, thanks. Roz also said hi and ethan is big now. I'm leaning towards anthias and wrasses. but my concern with anthias is the amount of feeding. as much as i could help it, i rather not use pellet on a feeder. my frag tank wend nuts the other day due to pellets dust.

Bob, im not done adding power heads.. i still have some Tunzes to add. I want lots of water movement on this tank, similar to my previous set up.

Bryan, thank bro.. still holding those frags for me?? pickup in four months.. hahaha

Pedro and Scott..what can i say.. thank you.. you guys helped me make this happened. Scott, i need photography lessen from you.. i got the camera, but dont have the skills..

Jose.. fellow reefers are always welcome to stop by.. :)

Marcus!! thanks dude.. i know, that'll be the fun part... you better lock your doors cus i'll be knockin.. :lol2:

Back