Flase perc problem?

flame83

hey just noticed my false perc breathing with much labor and laying on the bottom of the tank. So i thought maybe something in the tank was array but i tested and ended with the following results.
PH 8.3
nitrate o ppm
ammonia 0 ppm
nitrite 0 ppm
Temp 77F
Salinity 1.021 which is a little low, i usually aim for 1.023

The only newly added items to the tank within the last three months are two Turo snails. The perc is the only fish in my 30 gallon as of right now. So does anyone have any suggestion what i can do before i loose him ? I have another tank i could switch him to, but see no sense switching to add stress since the current tank he is in tested out ok ?

I have tried numerous times to keep Ocellaris...I have had this same problem, only thing that worked was a 2 day stay in a QT with Quick Cure. She eats like a pig and is quite a bully in the tank today. Very healthy an active.

I had similar problems with keeping occelaris. None of them would live past a week. Someone suggested to me that maybe it was because of overbreeding and inbreeding in order to satisfy the demand that "Finding Nemo" produced. And when I switched away from the "nemo" type clowns (please don't cringe that I used that term) and got a Clarkii, she did just fine in the exact same environment that the orange clowns wouldn't tolerate (I believe I tried both perculas and occelaris before switching).

Back