Getting back into the hobby

gbru316

I'm getting back into the hobby after a 10 year hiatus, life got in the way for a little while, as it tends to do. I'm a student at penn state Harrisburg for electrical engineering, veteran, and I work for a defense contractor in Lancaster. I worked at that fish place (in lancaster) through high school, which led to the reef addiction.

Anyway, setting up a 10g custom all-in-one nano over the next few months.

In the planning stages right now, only have the tank, maxi-jet 900 for circulation, and a jäger 50w heater.

I'm planning on dividing the tank for built-in filtration, one chamber filled with rubble and some chaeto, one with a sponge for mechanical filtration, and the last for heater/return pump.

Lighting will be some sort of custom LED array, probably 24 3w (at less than 50% most likely, large quantity to ensure adequate coverage) at a 2:1 royal blue:natural white ratio, with some true violet, deep red, and cyan thrown in.

That being said, I'll probably be in the market for good frags by the end of the year, so just wanted to introduce myself.

Also, for those in the York/Lancaster area, that fish place is adding a new exporter to their list. Ecoaquariums PNG is planning on exporting directly to That Fish Place. The director of ecoaquariums was an employee there for many years, and is a good friend of mine.

Their focus is on sustainable, responsible collection for the hobby. They are the only authorized exporter from new guinea.

http://www.ecoaquariumspng.com

Back