Introductions thread

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=9872607#post9872607 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Huhhhhh
Welcome to our little group of Reefer madness. Be sure to stop by the Mug shot & screen name thread so we all can get to know
you by sight.

Oooo by sight, hrm, scary thought... lets see how old of a pic I can find... hehe. No I will post something shortly, I've just been rather busy with everything that's going on. This morning I had good intentions of getting aa bunch of work done, but the basement we're staying in flooded, I had to make three trips to the vet, and ended up cleaning up my nano... it's clearing up nicely tonight.

If anyone has some cheap extra frogspawn, mushrooms, or zoas lemme know... I'm willing to drive out of my way a ways to get some good stock and check out a nice tank!

Name: Jennifer A. Weldgen
Tanks and sizes: All are FW: 55g (planted), 10g, and 2.5g. The 29g is awaiting to be set up as reef.
Where you live: Pueblo
Years in the hobby: 5 years
Specific interests: Improve my aquascaping skills :p
Greatest accomplishment in reefkeeping: Not there yet
Greatest disapointment in reefkeeping: Not there yet

Aquaman2000 told me about this local club!! Kudos for him! I have been stopping by at his fish store whenever I am in Springs and only today I found out about this club. I have never kept SW tanks before. I've been exclusively FW for 5 years. I look forward to starting up my 29g by June!

Thanks for reading :)

well in light of my miraculous double post of my own ugly mug (luck only a gnarly guy like me would have) I suppose I'll try again here

Name: Joe Thompson
Tanks and sizes: 72 bow reef, 20H Brack, 10g pod factory, 20L blackwater
Location: (Man this is like te old ASL thing): Colorado Springs
Years in the hobby: on and off, dunno... 2 here 2 there.... a few later on... eh 6?
Specific interests: Shooting, Chocolate, Guitar, my chill blenny, christmas lights
Greatest accomplishment in reefkeeping: not killing my first coral
Greatest disapointment in reefkeeping: killing my first anemone (sorry ron)

and yes, I start putting christmas lights up next week after the 4th of july (yaaaaay)

Hey,

Now that I’ve been lurking for a few months, I guess it’s about time I introduce myself. My name is Dave and my handle is Pngpong (just another one of my hobbies). I just finished building my own stand and putting together a new 90RR system. I still need to build the canopy, but for now it is running with the one I was using on my 60.

Name: Dave
Tanks and sizes: 1 60 w/broken center brace and bowing glass and 1 new 90RR
Where you live: Colorado Springs â€"œ Rockrimmon area
Years in the hobby: 10 FW & 10 SW
Specific interests: Community tank, would like to expand into corals
Greatest accomplishment in reefkeeping: Building my own stand
Greatest disappointment in reefkeeping: Not yet, but several close calls

91260stand.jpg

Thanks for the warm reception. Caleb, I've been playing at Dana's for about 15 years - we probably know each other. I hope to meet many of you at one of the club meetings, but not sure if I'll be able to make this one coming up. I did meet Scott and Chris over at Exotic the other day.

Welcome Pngpong, great meeting you yesterday at the meeting as well, funny to find out we're in the same neighborhood. Hit me with a PM when you want to build that canopy I've got a garage full of tools just begging to be used!

Name: Timothy Pietraallo
Tanks and sizes: 125G AGA FW & 12G JBJ Nanocube
Where you live: Falcon in the summer and Pueblo for school year
Years in the hobby: 9 years
Specific interests: Setup successful nano reef and have fun
Greatest accomplishment in reefkeeping: Have to let you know when the time comes
Greatest disapointment in reefkeeping: Having to wait to setup a new, empty tank

Welcome to SCMAS Tim, I am also a Tim. Be sure to stop by the Mug shot & screen name thread so we all can get to know
you by sight and say "HI" if we wee yoiu in th LFS's

Will do. Got to get a current picture of myself. I believe it was Scott at Exotic Tropicals that gave me the card to the site. Everybody seems real helpful and knowledgeable on here. I will be sure to post pictures of my setup next weekend once I get it down to school.

Welcome Timothy!

Good to see another reefer in Pueblo. Let me know if you need any help setting up your tank; I live real close to the college.

Sounds Good. I am in the process now of trying to decide where to get some frags from. Do you know if Pet Paradise sells coral down there and if so how the pricing is on it?

Welcome Tim!

NOOOOOOOOO Pet Paradise isn't usually worth the trip for corals. They do sell some corals - pretty poor specimens for the most part. You would do better going to springs. What kind of frags are you looking for and in what time frame? We're planning a major frag swap for October.

Okay, thats kinda what I figured. I so far like the following:
Neon Geen Kryptonite Candy Cane
Bubble Coral
Evil Eye Zoanthids
Eagle Eye Zoanthids
I like just about all of the Ricordea and I was thinking maybe some sort of feather duster. I like the torch coral, but heard they might not be the best for a tank as small as mine. I am still searching for the most part though. I want a variation with bright colors. Any recommendations on any coral or advice let me know.

Back