Inverts

Joypaws83

I’m not sure why but I’ve recently become invert crazy! They facilitate me for odd reason. Fun fact, I got accepted into a university to be a marine scientist but kept boring day job…🤦🏼‍♀️

I bought 2 Pom Pom crabs and a pistol shrimp…and also got the watchman goby, don’t judge me 🥴

Attachments

• IMG_4766.jpeg
    IMG_4766.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 13
My clowns are being such aholes! They keep picking on the goby. I got an isolation box to put them in…catching them should be fun 😩
Clowns should always be added last but everybody wants Nemo first and then bums out about the bullying.

Clowns should always be added last but everybody wants Nemo first and then bums out about the bullying.
Actually they were added second because I switched tanks. The warpaint goby was the first addition. They’ve never done this to any of my other tank mates that were added after them, tail spot blenny, or the lawnmower, only this guy! Not sure what their beef is with him in particular. Also, I would never call them Nemo’s 😉

Last edited:
My clowns are being such aholes! They keep picking on the goby. I got an isolation box to put them in…catching them should be fun 😩

I love the pom poms, very cool. My clowns have always been very peaceful with my entire tank and then I added a neon dottyback. Everyone in the tank chased him until he found a cavern to hide in. Now, only the female clown bullies him. Ironically, my orchid dottyback suddenly became very social when the neon was added. I guess she's no longer the low man on the totem pole lol.

I get a kick out of watching the sexy shrimp dance in our tank, I think they are playing Bee Gees in the tank 24/7 judging by their saturday night fever dance moves. My emerald crabs crack me up because they find the craziest tunnels in my rock and you'll see their little faces with a couple claws reaching out for food.

I love the pom poms, very cool. My clowns have always been very peaceful with my entire tank and then I added a neon dottyback. Everyone in the tank chased him until he found a cavern to hide in. Now, only the female clown bullies him. Ironically, my orchid dottyback suddenly became very social when the neon was added. I guess she's no longer the low man on the totem pole lol.

I get a kick out of watching the sexy shrimp dance in our tank, I think they are playing Bee Gees in the tank 24/7 judging by their saturday night fever dance moves. My emerald crabs crack me up because they find the craziest tunnels in my rock and you'll see their little faces with a couple claws reaching out for food.
I hardly see the pom poms since they’ve been added but my sexies are all over the place, I love those little guys! The pistol shrimp found his burrow and is using a mushroom rock that wasn’t glued down as his door 😆

The YWG is still on the opposite side of the tank experiencing PTSD. He’s eating well but refuses to move from his safe space. The clowns however are in jail 💁🏼‍♀️

Attachments

• IMG_4814.jpeg
    IMG_4814.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 9
Annnnd I let the little devils out of their timeout and they immediately attacked the YWG. I’m either going to have to set up a separate tank for him or take him back to the LFS. Although I’m not mad about setting up another tank…🤔

I'm getting close to turning my office tank into a fish only, personally. For whatever reason I'm not able to get zoas happy in it (I suspect its the light) but my little lonely orchid dottyback is doing great lol.

I'm getting close to turning my office tank into a fish only, personally. For whatever reason I'm not able to get zoas happy in it (I suspect its the light) but my little lonely orchid dottyback is doing great lol.
I had a dottyback years ago and it was mean as hell…still not as mean as my clowns though 🤦🏼‍♀️

I had a dottyback years ago and it was mean as hell…still not as mean as my clowns though 🤦🏼‍♀️
My Orchid is a model citizen. The Clarkii Clown and the Fiji Blue Devil...not so much. Those two will not be making it to the upgraded tank (if I ever get that done). They'll live in the frag tank.

Back