Is this shedding or something else

rennne39

CE14EBE6-36BE-4292-A98B-39670B3500F3.jpeg

it had a brown film on it that is coming and now it looks like this

Looks odd. Any crabs or fish that would pic at it? Perhaps at war with the polyps at it's base?

In a normal shed, the skin would become firm and shiny like it's plastic coated for days or weeks, and then when it peels the new skin is smooth and plump and the polyps open fully.

so i need to remove the polyps from the base I will try that and hopeful it will help with this matter
I don't know that and wasn't recommending that. It was just spitballing. Paly's and zoa contain toxins that you should be aware of how to handle them - gloves, eyewear. How long have you had this arrangement? You also mentioned a brown slime.

I don't know that and wasn't recommending that. It was just spitballing. Paly's and zoa contain toxins that you should be aware of how to handle them - gloves, eyewear. How long have you had this arrangement? You also mentioned a brown slime.
it is not brown slime, it is like if someone is shedding skin, and i brought the rock and leather already on there

thanks I order some stuff call Brightwell Aquatics Koral Recover - Coral Remedy for Treatment of Live Corals & Regrowth of Damaged Coral Tissue to see if that helps and remove the pays and zoa

Back