Japanese neon green Toadstool

There are two different toadstools that I know of. I've seen the Japanese deepwater neon green toadstools with the neon green skin and white polyps. Then I've seen the orange/pink skin with neon polyps.

Here is where you can find them:
Aqua SD has the neon polyp ones often. Just e-mail Will: http://www.aquasd.com/
Cherry Corals sometimes has them: http://www.cherrycorals.com/
Fantastic Frags sometimes has them: http://www.fantasticfrags.com/Fantastic_Frags/Soft_Corals.html
Reef Corals has the neon green polyp type:
http://www.reefcorals.com/shopping/pgm-more_information.php?id=140&=SID

Good luck with your search.

neon green toodstool

neon green toodstool

this one?

left hand side

Attachments

• tood.jpg
    tood.jpg
    103.4 KB · Views: 7
yea I've done that, I already have a great super ruffled Australian pink with neon green polyp toadstool, I'd like to find the solid neon green cap with green or cream colored polyps though. Seem to be a super rare coral though.

They are still rare, most people will think you're looking for the Tyree or something like it, a lot less people will know what you're talking about, and even fewer seem to own it. I don't know how well they have done in captivity, it would be nice to hear from anyone who owns one.

you can buy the different green polyp morphs anywhere now, but I can't find the ones that have super green flesh and either green or cream colored polyps. If anyone knows the names of any more stores or websites that commonly have these let me know.

Ive been looking on the net, I have the Tyree one but not the All green one that he wants. now I want it Too what is it called and where can we get it, there is a guy on line taht had them but was only offering them to his club mates, I want one as well

Ive been looking on the net, I have the Tyree one but not the All green one that he wants. now I want it Too what is it called and where can we get it, there is a guy on line taht had them but was only offering them to his club mates, I want one as well

I believe the toadstool you are looking for is called Japanese deepwater neon green toadstools with the neon green skin and white polyps. I have seen them come available quite often on the websites that I listed in my earlier post. Good luck with the coral hunt.

Is this the coral?

green%20on%20green%20polyp.jpg

If so, I can't believe that they're "Everywhere"... even in SOCAL. They're definitely rare up here in NORCAL bay area and our scene is pretty much the same as down by LA.

Last edited:
I would love to see that coral under 10k or 14k halides. I have been told a few times that it looked photo shopped. I wonder If it holds its color under 10k halides and not just 20k or atinic. If anyone has a pic send em in please.

I believe the OP is talking about the neon green leather in Jacob D's previous pic. Not the more common Green Polyp Toadstool like the Tyrees, ORA's, etc.

The reason these guys are so rare and expensive, is that oddly for a leather, they are EXTREMELY slow growers.

I know a Coral Farmer who got a small one to grow out, and after a year or two it has barely doubled in size.

I kinda think they are the "Orange Envy Zoa" of the leather world.

They are really nice looking leathers though.

Last edited:
Ryan I'd like to know if it holds its color too. If you actually find someone who has one please make sure to update the thread with whatever they can tell you about it.

None of the sites posted above by Pure Magic have the coral, the one that does have a "Japanese toadstool" isn't the same coral, and to me looks like a Tyree look-alike (I have one of them). I do know of a site that sells the coral you're looking for, not sure if I can post it here. No affiliation other than I bought corals from them a few years ago when they first acquired the piece. It was too expensive for me then and still is now for such a slow growing coral.

As you can see from the responses here it's pretty much what I said in my first response... most people think you're talking about the Tyree sarco or one of it's look-alikes. In the world of softies not many people think to look for unique or unusual corals but there are a few out there and this is one of them. Awhile back I started a thread in this forum called something like that... "unique or unusual soft corals" I think there may have been someone on that thread who has one of these... maybe I can find the thread.

Back