Jason's 144 half circle build thread

jmccown

Figured it would be appropriate to start a new thread on the tank I picked up this weekend from a guy up near Cleveland. This is a half circle 144g. Most of us locally will recognize it is like the one that Fuji has in his store. I have always liked that tank and it was a perfect fit for the house we moved into last year.

To start with the guy I bought it from had done a lot of work to the tank. He redone the stand and made a custom canopy as well as making an aluminum top rim for the tank and powder coating it gloss black. I'm gonna post up some pictures so you guys can see what it looks like.

8442de91.jpg

8027d36c.jpg

a8299f8a.jpg

68764388.jpg

3faa6358.jpg

Lights ordered, already have plenty of rock. Will just take the water from my 500g as part of a water change. I will likely take 100g from the 500g and then the remaining 50 or so gallons from NSW. Hopefully it won't cycle by doing this. Really excited about getting this up and running.

Keep us in the loop on those lights.. I never had any luck with lighting from there. Great price, terrible product.. Tank looks awesome though! I always loved Fuji's and the magnification affect the bowfront had..

I went with the TaoTronics units. Same unit as the Epistar. I will have them early next week and will post up when I get them.

LED lights came yesterday. They simply look amazing. Color spectrum is 14K 3w LED. Temporarily installed one on my 500g and it looked really good. I plan on putting water in the new tank this week.

Back