Jason's new(er) 180

Finally!!!

Finally!!!

I'm probably gonna jinx myself for posting this, but after nearly a decade I finally landed my holy grail fish. I got a juvenile (3") Red Sea Regal Angel today! I'm going to leave the QT lights off for the day, but couldn't resist getting a pic while he's dripping in. He is fat, clean, and is supposedly eating frozen, so we'll see how he does in the coming days.

regal.jpg

I'm really hoping he makes it, I've never seen a juvenile in person, and look forward to his color change.

I love that angel, tootime had one too i think. not too sure if it was a red sea.

His was an Indian Ocean (grey bellied). They are a little more common, and quite a bit cheaper, but when I saw his it was covered in crypt and I assume, died within the next day or so :(

If you're ever in the market, Han, let me know, I'll give up my secret vendor.

Any updates on the new fish?

Well, unfortunately it looks like he had a ciliate, and died on day 3. Lots of raised scales, and reddening. I didn't do a necropsy, but I assume that was the issue. They are sending my replacement on Wed. This is the first time in a long time I have purchased anything sight unseen, and will probably be the last. It's too bad some stuff we just can't get in locally, or when it does, it's very poor quality and over priced. I am pretty disappointed, as it's something I've wanted since getting in the hobby, and I finally had the right set-up, and was the right time. But, that's how this hobby goes. I have been assured the replacement is "2+ weeks old and eating very well." We'll see. At least it's covered under warranty.

When he arrived, the salinity in the bag was very low (13 ppt), and he told me it wasn't supposed to be that low, so maybe someone had screwed something up prior to shipping. Who knows. Keeping my fingers crossed, and I have this week off to do some coddling and extra baby-sitting.

Re: Jason's new(er) 180

That really stinks! At least they are sending you another one though, hopefully in better condition.

Wow, those fish are beautiful. So much color!
Sorry to hear about the trouble with the first one. Wish you luck on the replacement.

I'm probably gonna jinx myself for posting this, but after nearly a decade I finally landed my holy grail fish. I got a juvenile (3") Red Sea Regal Angel today! I'm going to leave the QT lights off for the day, but couldn't resist getting a pic while he's dripping in. He is fat, clean, and is supposedly eating frozen, so we'll see how he does in the coming days.

regal.jpg

I'm really hoping he makes it, I've never seen a juvenile in person, and look forward to his color change.

Where did you get this fish???

Back