Jennystyyle’s Red Sea Nano Max G2 Journal

It’s here!
I can’t wait to start

Attachments

• IMG_7161.jpeg
    IMG_7161.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 48
I'm really excited for this build, I saw this tank on display recently and it was very nice looking.

Stand is built. It’s nice but the door pops open. I need to get a magnet closure. For now, I added some Velcro to hold it closed.

I have checked it. Side to side it is perfect. Front to back it is a hair off. I plan to mess with that tomorrow.

But. Even when the stand is flat on its back, the door still stays open. The hinges are very tight. I greased them but it still is near the same. I’ll grease them again tomorrow too.

Nothing fast in this hobby….

Just got my kraken lid today. It looks and feels beautiful. Unfortunately it doesn’t fit. Front to back, it is off by a few millimeters and meant fit flush. I have sent them a message, hopefully they make it right

Upon further inspection, I ordered the Red Sea max nano, as I thought I had from the order from BRS. I ordered the lid before I had the tank in hand.

It turns out, I got the Red Sea Max Nano G2 and it is a different order from BRS.

Attachments

• IMG_7167.jpeg
    IMG_7167.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 34
  • IMG_7170.png
    IMG_7170.png
    303.7 KB · Views: 28
I believe the RedSea is designed to have a floating front style look, so the front glass overhangs the stand door.

As for the lid, I’ve never had an issue with Kraken, so they should be able to make it right for you.

Built the sump today and filled

Nyos pure salt mix
30 lb. Fiji Pink Arag-Alive! Reef Sand - CaribSea
20 Lbs LifeRock Dry Live Rock - CaribSea

Tomorrow test parameters with Hanna Marine master and dose with Dr Tim’s.

And wait…

Back