July 17 OMAS MEETING

oddballs

In Memoriam
Alrighty we have a place for the meeting this month!!!!%$#***($##@! WoHOOOOO!!(just kidding)......... I am really excited!

The meeting is going to be graciously held by Travis(mutatedfrogbone......I meen Mutateddogbone..he he!! )And his mom and dad!....seriously thanks from our leadership group and all of our members for throwing this together on such short notice!

The address is 2317 W. Oakridge. The cross streets are 81st and 145th in Broken Arrow.

If coming from 31st and sheridan area, take BA expwy east to 169 south. Take 81st street exit and make a left. head 2 1/2 miles east and make a right on 145th. it will be the second neighborhood entrance on the right. the edition is Turtle Creek and the street will be oakridge. its the second to last house on the left before forcing you to turn right. The mailbox is a GIGANTIC bush.

From coweta/muskogee, take the BA west and exit on 145th. Make a left and head south on 145th. make the second neighborhood entrance on the right after 81st into turtle creek.

We are gonna be having our quarterly drawing this month and it is a great prize.......The winner gets 2 buckets of reef crystal salt!!! That is THREE HUNDRED AND TWENTY GALLONS OF SALT!!!!! THAT IS AWESOME!!
So bring your tickets.

We are having a potluck for food as usual! so please bring your fave dish or side dish. Please try to bring a little something if you can,it is much appreciated by everyones stomachs..And makes it a little easier on the host and leadership crew.Also it would be great if you are co:celeb2::celeb2:ming for sure and are bringing something for the potluck post it up on this thread,that way we dont have 2 of the same dish.If you cant that is also ok!!

I cant say for sure but I think travis and his mom are gonna make a big batch of chili!!...Yum YUM!
Jena Lilly and I are gonna bring a desert of some type(hopefully).
John said he is going to bring chips, soda, and some of the beer, so if you plan on drinking more than a couple of brews plan on bringing a couple of extras... I know I am!!!(I was just worried about everyone else being thirsty)..lol:beer::hmm5::beer::hmm4:

I have also heard from our raffle coordinator that some of our sponsors are bringing some nice frags and other goodies!...............
Some rummored to be in the raffle are===Oddballs superman chalice,blue base with bright red polyps.
....Reeffarmers Tyree(Mike Palettas blue chalice) one of reeffarmers oldest and still prettiest chalices.Baby blue what else can you ask for!?!?
Japanese deepwater paly frag,Green skirt with golden/yellow ring center...Relly nice "palythoas" = (Zoanthis Gigantus)really grow great.
Mutateddogbones starlight delicate acropora,Really pretty odd species of Acropora Sp.? with tons of tiny coralites,It might be fun for the club to try and get a possitive I.D of this one?
And a one of a kind Sooner reefer Green slimer...The original heliotype of this coral from 1826...just kidding ,but it is a really pretty acro to win,and grows great to boot!!

Those are just the ones I know !!

If I missed anything I do apologize.We Just found out this morning and John was at work all day when I called him he asked if I could post it up asap so that everyone could make plans to make it to the meeting.

Thanks and hope to see you there!

Scott T

Nice job on everyone getting this meeting on track. I wish I could be at this one as well but I have to work. This should be the last meeting I have to miss this year.

I am a little confused 57 views and 2 are coming? If you are coming please at least let us know. Summer meetings are hard to judge on the amount of food/drinks to bring so if you could help us out it would be appreciated!

We really appreciate Travis and his familly stepping up to have our meeting at there house on such little notice ! So the least we can do is try to help out by coming up with a close number of people that will be there imo.

Scott T (the okie scott)

Okay....we decided on a side dish...pigs in blankets....I don't think we have to worry about a duplicate dish now do we??? Travis, we are looking forward to chili and meeting your folks. See you tomorrow!

well i dont know about the chili anymore. dont know how many people are planning on coming so we might just end up makin finger foods, but either way pigs and blankets are one of my favs so im pretty stoked!!!

We assumed 7:00....hope thats right. We are leaving Bartlesville in a few minutes to head that way. See ya'll there ......we are using Scotts directions. If we aren't there by 7:30 assume we are LOST. Our phone number is 918-766-5118...someone please call or send a search party :)

oh my im sorry i forgot my contact info.

if lost, please call 918-853-4402

and feel free to show up at or before 7. we just got everything setup so we are ready to go!!

Thank YOU Travis and your family. We had a great time. I will try and get a picture of the deepwater polyps that we !!!WON!!!....they are opened and really happy this morning. Your tank was awesome....love all the DIY stuff. I see many honey-do's in my future :)

Thanks Travis and family for hosting. Thanks oddballs for the raffle prizes...looking forward to putting my new frag in the tank.

Back