LED's

Hi there Anthony. What do you think about using LEDs for lighting? I have heard that in Germany they are trying this out due to the cost of power. Just wanted some input. I know that LED technology has come a long way.
Thanks
Mike

LED lighting technology has been used by aquarists in the USA here and abroad for some years. It is interesting and certainly has potential... although it still remains to be seen how they perform in aquaria of (greater) depth. While the technology itself is old(er), (aquarium) industry-specific lamps to to serve us have yet to be made. If/as interest in the products grows... so too will production of course. Rather like halides 15 years ago when getting bulbs over 4000-6500K was quite a feat :D

I have yet to play or work with this lighting and have no practical information to offer here on its use, alas. Again, interesting to see... in time.

kindly,

Anthony

Thanks Anthony. I plan on toying with it someday soon to see what happens. I found a place online line that sells LED at the 420 nm spectrum. Im going to replace my white moon lights with these and see what happens

Back