LFS in Boston

Cut and pasted, I'm not affiliated with the store in anyway other than that I like them. Far far better store than tropic isle, nearly as much tank volume, much wider range of livestock, MUCH better prices, and FAR friendlier and more knowledgable staff.

Unique Aquaria & Reptile, LLC http://www.uniqueaquaria.com/
70 Southampton Street
Boston, MA 02118
PH: 617-541-2700

There is also Coral reef aquarium in seekonk ma
1464 Fall River Avenue Seekonk, MA 02771
(508) 336-0904

and 3 saltwater stores in salem Nh;
Aqua addicts http://www.aquaaddicts.com ,
Jays aquatics http://www.jaysaquatics.net
and oceans in glass. http://www.oceansinglassaquatics.com/

Last edited:
Thank you so much! Yea I dont know something about that place just didnt do any good for me, Started me off on the wrong foot(should have done my research first) and CRAZY over priced from what I have been finding. Now that I am redoing everything and doing it right, It would help to have a better and friendlier staff to guide me

NP, and yea TI has some issues. I work about a mile from them, but about 98% of my buisness over the past 10 yrs has been with all the other LFS's above.

If you want friendly, Unique is the place to go. Brendon is the owner, and he has several really good people on his staff. best to go on a weekday so they aren't really busy (No store has the time to really talk with you on a weekend) and call first to make sure they aren't putting a fish order away because if they are the lights will be off.

For outright volume of livestock and some great drygoods prices hit salem Nh, all 3 stores are within a few minutes of each other. Personally I stop by Aquaaddicts and jays just about every time I am in the area and they are about 4 min apart if you go the right way.

CRA is also well worth the drive though it is a hike. Jeremy the owner can be a little quiet if he doesn't know you, but don't be afraid to say Hi and ask a question. He's super knowledgable and will talk you out of any bad purchases even if you're practially throwing bills at him. I trust him, even when he's selling me something :)

Also, in case you haven't stumbled across it yet, there is a local reef society. Google will find it easily if you are interested. (we used to use this forum but were encouraged to migrate to our own space)

Last edited:
Perfect! I have not even looked into that yet so that will be my next stop BRS.

I really enjoyed the younger kids working at TI, however the older staff just had no personality and just not what I look for in todays world of customer service and family business. It sounds like the shop in boston is exactly what I am looking for and I even shot him a call today after you suggested it. I want to HELP him with his SEO(internet searches) and website because I passed right over it and didn't even notice they were there. Where as TI is paying someone to advertise or they do have some business sense in how to advertise in searches because i just type in saltwater and they show up!

As a newbie to Saltwater Hobbies (not hobbies in general) It is so important to find those good connections to be successful so again i thank you for your advice. I work downtown so I will do my best to get out of work on time to make it and visit Brendon! Depends on weather. I dont mind the drive(other expensive hobby cars) so I will eventually check out the other stores also and take a trip out there.

Perfect! I have not even looked into that yet so that will be my next stop BRS.

I really enjoyed the younger kids working at TI, however the older staff just had no personality and just not what I look for in todays world of customer service and family business. It sounds like the shop in boston is exactly what I am looking for and I even shot him a call today after you suggested it. I want to HELP him with his SEO(internet searches) and website because I passed right over it and didn't even notice they were there. Where as TI is paying someone to advertise or they do have some business sense in how to advertise in searches because i just type in saltwater and they show up!

As a newbie to Saltwater Hobbies (not hobbies in general) It is so important to find those good connections to be successful so again i thank you for your advice. I work downtown so I will do my best to get out of work on time to make it and visit Brendon! Depends on weather. I dont mind the drive(other expensive hobby cars) so I will eventually check out the other stores also and take a trip out there.

Back