LFS with tank raised Percs

There are some local breeders. Unless you know your source, your best bet is to deal with them.

Marc Daniels from MARS in Sacramento was selling some off from a local breeder a few weeks ago.

You can also send Fingerwrinkles and Mobert a message to see what they have available right now; or, which LFS are carrying their critters.

Best of luck,

Roy

All About Fish in Pleasant Hill sells ORA ocellaris, as does PetCo (if memory serves).

For All About Fish you need to make sure that you are getting the ORA ones as they sell both tank raised and wild caught, adn won't tell you the difference if you don't ask (only sell the wild caught ones cheaper)

Don't flame me for the PetCo comment.. but they do sell tank raised fish. I think I read somewhere that that was all that they sold. Although I don't recall if they sold ORA specifically or their own tank raised. We have bought a couple of fish from the local PetCo (they are our LFS, closest within 30 minutes) and all of them were good and healthy and still with us about a year later for the newest one. :)

PetCo sells ORA clowns. I have bought alot of ORA clowns in the past but I'm switching to a different breeder. ORA's clowns of late are comming in with more deformities and "bull dog" faces. They dont seem to do any culling or are doing too much inbreeding. Call around ...... many stores carry captive raised.

tyler

if you want to venture into the peninsula, try ultimate in san mateo on el camino. they usually have tank raised ora clowns.

Back