Lfs

Re: Lfs

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=6810367#post6810367 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by charile1

It's like a ghost town in the brooklyn forum.

you telling me......

Don't really know of any good LFS in brooklyn, but some people like Brooklyn zoo and Aquarium and World class, personally i dont' think they carrie enough for my taste.

There are really no good stores here in Brooklyn or in the city for that matter. Soon I will be looking to venture out into Jersey (Absolutely Fish) just to see what they have. If you find any, let us know. I will do the same.

there's also fishexpo...never actually bought anything there but they do have some marine.

there's also a new fish store in china town at Ave U, take the Q train.... they bring in lots of things you dont normally see in brooklyn. last time i was there they had sponges, a few sea fans and a clam.. though they didnt have nearly enough lighting. its within 3 blocks of the train station on ave U

http://www.fishexpo.net/

there's also brooklyn aquarium on 339 9th St.

only went once when i wasnt into saltwater... cant even remember if they have saltwater.

World Class is one of the best in brooklyn for salt but.. well, brooklyn is bad for salt water. they do sell nice little frags for 3$/lbs.

for those of us without cars, saltwater keeping in brooklyn is quite difficult.

there's also a petlanddiscounts near kings plaza mall, in the little plaza w/ homedepot.. they have some fish and crustaceans, even some feather duster worms at a decent price, look healthy too.

There is plenty of stores in NY metropolitan area.

Check this page for starters

http://brooklynaquariumsociety.com/sponsors.htm

In queens there is FishTown USA with very deacent pricing and also Aquarium Adventure in LI (Carle Place) but they are rather expensive.

Then again, if you are a member of the Brooklyn Aquarium Society you can get discounts at most of the area stores and if you show your membership card at Aquarium Adventure you will get free Fish Club Card entitling you to savings of 25% on livestock.

not frags w/ inverts on them, haha... just small pieces of live rock... did i misspeak? sorry.. haha

they are on flatbush ave, around ave m i think

i thought you meant coral frags.

I'll try to stop by this weekend. So, far I've been to the petland next to home depot, 1000 Island on Utica and fish expo. Haven't been to brooklyn zoo since I had a snake. I try to stop by this weekend as well.

I live very close to FishTown and I like to go there and see. Just for fun because I can go walking from home.
I took a look at the LR and doesn't seem so appealing.
I noticed also they have several dead and nearly dead fishes.
In fact, they have decent prices and people buy as if they be at the supermarket. Every day you can find a whole new livestock or replaced livestock. :rolleyes:

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=6906008#post6906008 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by xoomer
There is plenty of stores in NY metropolitan area.

Check this page for starters

http://brooklynaquariumsociety.com/sponsors.htm

In queens there is FishTown USA with very deacent pricing and also Aquarium Adventure in LI (Carle Place) but they are rather expensive.

Then again, if you are a member of the Brooklyn Aquarium Society you can get discounts at most of the area stores and if you show your membership card at Aquarium Adventure you will get free Fish Club Card entitling you to savings of 25% on livestock.

this is my first post and i'm from brooklyn too. i was in my area in sheepshead bay and i found out they are opening a new LFS on East 22nd and Ave X (it's a small location on the side of the corner building on 22nd). The owners of the store are chinese. it's a really small store but i've seen A LOT of tanks moving in. I even spoke to one of the owners there when they were moving in like a 400+ gallon in there. I asked him what he was gonna put in there and he told me that it was for a black tip reef shark. They said they were opening sometime Mid-May. I live by there and when it opens up i'll let you guys know. I'm new to the reef hobby and hope you guys can help me out since you guys are around the way.

Hey guys im from the bronx and there are a few ships up here that are good. also in Manhattan you can always check out http://www.newworldaquarium.com the have all you need for your tanks.they will hit you in the pocket pretty hard but they are hands down the best ive seen in the city yet.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=7187847#post7187847 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by mrnyc
Hey guys im from the bronx and there are a few ships up here that are good. also in Manhattan you can always check out http://www.newworldaquarium.com the have all you need for your tanks.they will hit you in the pocket pretty hard but they are hands down the best ive seen in the city yet.

I don't like that store; the ower is very rude. many people have noted this. they may have a very good selection for manhattan but the owner is rude and it is very pricey.

i was hopping to buy some LR from fishtown but i really didnt like the look of it.

Any hobbyists in Manhattan? Does anyone know of Manhattan fish meetings?

If there aren't, we should have some!!
Manhattanites unite! If you know on one, send them over to me! :bum:
You can contact me in this forum or via PM.

Depth in Chelsea

Any hobbyists in Manhattan? Does anyone know of Manhattan fish meetings?

If there aren't, we should have some!!
Manhattanites unite! If you know on one, send them over to me! :bum:
You can contact me in this forum or via PM.

Depth in Chelsea

Fishexpo is great in brooklyn. The LFS on ave U and east 13th is second best and i give the lowest of all ratings to petland discounts. Theyre horrible and they dont know anything about pets. I advise you to stay away. Fish expo and Ave U are the places to go.

Has anyone tried an online service like saltwaterfish.com for livestock? I'm new to the hobby, live in brooklyn and have had tried out several of the afore mentioned LFS-none of which I would endorse. Saltwaterfish.com has competitive pricing and free shipping-what do you guys think? Oh, and stay away from A world of Pets on 86th street- sick fish and bad information.

Back