List of Bay Area LFS, with address and directions.

Thank you for the list, going to have to check some of these other places out. Been going to aquarium concepts in Dublin but aside from maybe one person the service there is probably the worst service I have ever gotten anywhere in my life. Ready to gladly take my money elsewhere.

Hi!! I will be in the Bay area on vacations and will travel from Puerto Rico! More than 10 hours flying. I will be there for a week and I want to spend one day looking at LFS. I see the map and it's nice but can someone recommend lets say the best 10 in preference order? I also like planted aquariums but reef is my favorite.

What about public aquariums? Which are the best?

Any help will be appreciated.

make a thread so this doesnt get clogged up on off topic stuff

but there are a few nice store for reef and also one of those do fresh and reef so you will be in heaven(neptunes)

Has anyone been to sustainable reefs? They are pretty close to where I live, but I'm surprised that I can't find more info about them (other than their web-site)?

Sustainable is only open on weekends; he has a day job. He has lots of corals and some aquacultured fish as well, recommend checking it out on a weekend.

King aquarium in San Jose is good as well. Based on my location, I primarily use sustainable, King, and T&T, all in San Jose.

aquatic gallery

aquatic gallery

aquatic gallery in milpitas

neptune aquatics in north SJ

Last edited:
Went to Aqua Exotics in Belmont. Picked up some fish, a couple of snails, etc. Matt was knowledgeable about reefs and systems. His store is in the back area. I really liked the personalized service. I also posted a review on Yelp.

Thanks for that maps earthboy and bondolo! Came in handy yesterday.
:thumbsup: for Aquatic Central. Stopped by there to wait out rush hour before I headed back to the valley. I left with a few frags. :) I'm noobish but i thought he had a good selection and good pricing.

Just want to know if this list is still up to date with shops still being open before making a big ole loop :) Thanks!

Back